My MINT in a tiny Hammond plan + cap questions
Jun 3, 2005 at 8:15 PM Post #16 of 23
No mistake....... I figured since I was sending you a parcel I may as well throw in something extra.
wink.gif

Jun 3, 2005 at 8:27 PM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Emon
Alps RK097

The saved panel space might make a lot of difference, post pics when completed...

Jun 3, 2005 at 8:35 PM Post #19 of 23
Yeah, that's why I'm leaning towards the Alps. Even the smallest toggle switch I find rather ugly. I'm now going for a complete black look - all black case and bezel, I'll use snap in stereo mini jacks with a black plastic bushing on the outside. A black knob on the pot, and now I don't have that ugly silver toggle switch! I was originally going to use a mini rocker or mini slide switch, but for the life of me I could not find one on Mouser. I have some lying around, but they're all old and beat up. I used to have this one that was like, less than half a centimeter in length and a few mm thick. Even had panel mounting holes. Couldn't find a new one that size.

Oh well, the Alps is a much more elegant solution in my opinion. I'll be leaving the amp on most of the time so volume won't be an issue. And yes, I will most certainly post pics when I'm done!

Jul 10, 2005 at 7:45 AM Post #20 of 23
Do you have to have a on/off switch, wouldn't it be easier to have volume knob that clicks (found on some computer speakers) to turn the amp on?

Jul 10, 2005 at 10:57 PM Post #22 of 23
Whoa thread revival!

Yes, the RK097 has a built in SPST switch, which is nice. Doesn't matter though, I ended up building a Millet Hybrid, and I'm sure glad I spent the extra $100 on it, it's fantastic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back