My Local Bike shop is money grabbing scum
Sep 19, 2006 at 2:46 AM Post #16 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver
“that would serve her needs”

What’s “need” got to do with anything? No one here “needs” anything other than the stock ear buds but we all have many different types of headphones.

I’m sure she would look at your headphone rig and righteously announce that you do not “need” any of it. And right she would be- but you want it so her opinion is just that an opinion.

A couple of months ago I was at Wades Guns in Bellevue and they had a nice Sig P229 SAS. I was fondling it and talking with the salesman, I then said- “I don’t really need another gun” and he’s like “What’s need got to do with it?”.

So I went home and got my original P229 to trade in on the new gun. I didn’t need anything but I sure wanted the new pistol.

Mitch

Her needs is exactly my point, in your example you know what you want. She didn't know anything about bikes and letting the guy selling her one of the high end hardtail. Which is perfectly fair, i am not arguing the cost, nor his methods, it's capitalism. What I object to is why didn't he direct her to a product that would suit her needs. He would get money out of her just the same, but she would be better off with a roadbike, not a mountain bike.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back