My Little Pony Discussion thread
Mar 26, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #361 of 779
images
hmm... hey guess what? this is my 100th post!!!im officially a 100+ head fi'er 
biggrin.gif

Mar 26, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #362 of 779
Quote:
Cool! Aren't the DT880's kind of a detailed, unforgiving set of cans?  I can imagine that that would be pretty useful for mastering, I wonder what he is using as a source. 

Is it me or does the living tombstone's OC look like it is wearing a pair of HD600s? Same shape, same general blue color. 

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLivingTombstone/about

I don't think he uses them for mastering. he does have a Cmoy and Brainwavz M3 though

Mar 27, 2013 at 2:42 AM Post #368 of 779
His work changes quite a bit for the better when you listen to it with a more detailed set of cans, anyone else notice that? If you look at older versions of his OC you can see that it's cans are even more like the HD580-6XX series. I wonder what variety of CMOY amp and opamp though. I just ordered a little cmoy myself lol. 

Mar 27, 2013 at 2:51 AM Post #369 of 779
Quote:
His work changes quite a bit for the better when you listen to it with a more detailed set of cans, anyone else notice that? If you look at older versions of his OC you can see that it's cans are even more like the HD580-6XX series. I wonder what variety of CMOY amp and opamp though. I just ordered a little cmoy myself lol. 

It's a CmoyBB from JDs labs and I'm pretty sure it's a stock op-amp

I've had a ton of Cmoys 
biggrin.gif
 and I still have a few of them. I'll put a pic up of my best one (built when I was 13)
I'm running a Burr Brown OPA2134 and a crap ton of Capacitors. The thing stays on for a few seconds after switching it off 
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 31, 2013 at 6:19 PM Post #374 of 779
Eh... I liked Snowdrop much, much more....

Mar 31, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #375 of 779
Eh... I liked Snowdrop much, much more....

I hated Snowdrop. The character was a special snowflake and the entire story was pandering for emotional response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back