My Little Pony Discussion thread
Feb 9, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #271 of 779
I gotta say I wasn't thrilled with today's episode. The tie-in with ep. 11 was cool and the animation was up to it's usual high standard, but the story and writing just seemed a little "off" somehow. 

Feb 10, 2013 at 7:03 AM Post #273 of 779
Quote:
I gotta say I wasn't thrilled with today's episode. The tie-in with ep. 11 was cool and the animation was up to it's usual high standard, but the story and writing just seemed a little "off" somehow. 

It was ok, not the bad but ok.
Still, I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to next week's episode or not :/

Feb 12, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #274 of 779
Quote:
at roughly 2:30 into the episode Fluttershy has Twilight's butt tattoo 

Heh, and I thought season one was supposed to have all the animation errors. 
Quote:
It was ok, not the bad but ok.
Still, I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to next week's episode or not :/

I may not be looking forward to the content of the episode, but I'm certainly looking forward to all this wild speculation coming to an end. Keep calm and trust the writers.

Feb 13, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #275 of 779
Heh, and I thought season one was supposed to have all the animation errors. 
I may not be looking forward to the content of the episode, but I'm certainly looking forward to all this wild speculation coming to an end. Keep calm and trust the writers.

Spoiler: It's not an animation error.

Feb 14, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #276 of 779
Quote:
Spoiler: It's not an animation error.

In this past week's episode, it was...or just foreshadowing... 
ph34r.gif

Feb 16, 2013 at 6:49 AM Post #277 of 779
I don't mean to sound negative, but after the high that MLP left with the wedding in last season's finale. Doesn't this current season feel...lackluster in comparison to the last two? I mean, aside from the Princess Twilight hype that I'm fully part of, the rest of the season has certainly felt...blah. 

Except for the "Too many Pinkie pies" episode. That one was pure gold.

Feb 16, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #281 of 779
Quote:
Well, I greatly enjoyed it and am quite interested to see how this works out in season 4.

I had the opposite reaction.

What's Twilight's duty? Cadence is love, the two sisters are the moon, stars and the sun, what is Twilight?
Why did she suddenly turn into a princess? I know she is the student of Celestia and all but this happened too quickly.
The singing took up too much of the episode and not much story telling was done

"Hey Twilight guess what?"
"WINGS!"

Feb 17, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #282 of 779
Good episode. Extremely rushed. Felt like it should have been 2 episodes. With the ending feeling extremely hamfisted. 

The songs were good though the episode felt more like a musical than a regular episode. 

Feb 17, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #283 of 779
The finale was supposed to be more like a musical. And I guess the events that occurred in that episode are split into 3 parts. The finale is supposedly Part 1.

Feb 18, 2013 at 5:51 AM Post #284 of 779
I get the feeling the Alicorn transformation may have been for the merchandising :frowning2:

Feb 18, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #285 of 779
I get the feeling the Alicorn transformation may have been for the merchandising :frowning2:

I get the feeling it was supposed to be the series end and Hasbro saw dollar signs due to brony fan base and signed for another season. Hitting the number for syndication and ending with alicorn twilight is just too much of a coincidence to ignore. Not only that but the history montage? I mean really...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back