My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult
Feb 17, 2005 at 2:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

HiWire

Headphoneus Supremus
Any other Thrill Kill Kult fans out there?

I just listened to their Electrik Inferno Live album for the first time on my new headphones - this is one of the best TKK albums ever!
600smile.gif

The acoustics, instrumentals, and vocals are more exciting than any of the remixes that have been released lately... I guess it took a decent set of headphones to make this recording really sing. Sound quality is surprisingly good.

Most of the songs are completely renewed versus the material in their "classic" albums. I highly recommend this album to all TKK fans, and fans-in-training.
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 17, 2005 at 2:16 AM Post #2 of 20
Went to a TKK show once. They did 2 songs before realising they were too smashed up to play...
plainface.gif
The crowd wasn't happy...at all.
mad.gif

But yeah otherwise they are quite good!

Feb 17, 2005 at 2:45 AM Post #3 of 20
I really haven't heard anything great from TKK after "sexplosion" album, seemed to have run out of ideas for me and just recycle same stuff. Have all albums prior to that though.

Frankie (aka Groovy Man) was sales clerk at original Wax Trax record store in Chicago back in early/mid 1980's. After brief run with band Special Affect (with Al Jourgensen pre Ministry) he worked at Wax Trax till TKK got off the ground. I would go there a couple times a week and hangout and buy some vinyl, have Frankie spin something new I might buy, get the lowdown on stuff. Those were the wild and crazy times........

Feb 17, 2005 at 2:52 AM Post #4 of 20
their early stuff is pretty good, but i'm not a fan of their later work. their stuff is also a little too poppy for my taste, and i'm a NIN fan so that says a lot. i almost got to see them play with Ministry last year, but something came up at the last moment. i got to see Skinny Puppy, though, which totally rocked.

Feb 17, 2005 at 3:02 AM Post #5 of 20
WOW,

this thread made my night! I didn't know there were any TKK fans here. I'm a huge Thrill Kill fan. I first heard of them from the Crow Soundtrack and I've been hooked on them since. I remember seeing them live back in '95 with a Lords of Acid double bill. It was phenomenal. I just saw them back in October when they opened for MInistry.....good show, but it would've been better if they didn't open for ministry with such a short set.

Yesterday, I went out of town to get their 'My Life Remixed' CD. It's supposed to be a club remix tribute to all of their hits. It's not bad, but it still has that industrial sound in the remixes.

I'm waiting for both a new tkk cd and a headlining concert in a bad way!

Feb 17, 2005 at 4:44 AM Post #7 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel
Hey Edipis
Lots of trash talk going down bout you girl BJORK in that thread "what's all the fuss"

You must go and defend your lady's honor!
very_evil_smiley.gif

what?! thanks for the heads up!

Feb 17, 2005 at 1:57 PM Post #8 of 20
I've been somewhat indifferent to most remix efforts on the Kult. In general, I prefer their original compositions, although they seem to do the best job at remixing themselves.

13 Above the Night was my first CD ever, at the age of 14... if you know anything about that album, that is pretty wacky. I've got all their albums from their self-titled debut to The Reincarnation of Luna, including the EPs and most of the singles.

They're just not a serious band - the lyrics, their style, and chosen musical genres show it. But they're a heck of a lot of fun, and I think they have musical value. I actually think 13 Above the Night was their best album, and tend to enjoy their techno/surf-guitar/lounge explorations more than their older industrial/rock stuff.

Feb 17, 2005 at 4:28 PM Post #9 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel
I really haven't heard anything great from TKK after "sexplosion" album, seemed to have run out of ideas for me and just recycle same stuff. Have all albums prior to that though.

I kind of feel the same way although I think The Reincarnation of Luna is a pretty good album. I only saw TKK once, on the Sextacy Ball tour when they co-headlined with the Lords of Acid. Great combo and the best double bill I ever saw.

Feb 17, 2005 at 11:22 PM Post #11 of 20
I've never seen the Kult live... they always seem to be a few hours away, whether, it's Buffalo, Detroit, etc. Also, I'm a little intimidated by the possibility of spending a noisy evening with leather-clad, satanic dance fans... I'm too square to wear that stuff
biggrin.gif

Feb 18, 2005 at 6:41 AM Post #12 of 20
Call me commercial but I still like "Confessions of A Knife" and "Dirty Little Secrets (Music To Strip By)" even more so.

So for the rest after Wax Tracks you call quits?

I suppose this means there are no Sister Machine Gun fans in this thread?

Feb 18, 2005 at 10:14 PM Post #13 of 20
Actually, I have 2 Sister Machine Gun albums - Burn and Metropolis. I sold the older ones a few years ago, and haven't listened to their new ones. Good stuff, yet more fodder for my ongoing Alessandro re-listening party
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 19, 2005 at 2:55 AM Post #14 of 20
Burn was the album that turned me on to them. I burned that in my brain while splitting the lane, triple digits on my old FZR600. Rode that bike through two engines till the man took from me. Damn.

Metropolis was cool but in strange way reminded me of Bush.

Feb 25, 2005 at 2:52 PM Post #15 of 20
I have all Sister Machine Gun's albums. But my ex was a bit obsessed with them. I actually met her at a SMG concert. OH, ****...this is a TKK thread. I like them too
evil_smiley.gif
, but I've never seen them in concert before.

"Sex on Wheels" is the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back