My Level of SQ
Oct 29, 2010 at 9:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

amraam

Head-Fier
Hey all,

My setup sounds good to me, but I'm curious how you guys who know what you're talking about would rate it? Obviously you can't exactly have a listen, so it's probably a daft question.

My setup is a XFi Fatal1ty Pro soundcard PCI card, connected to Logitech Z5400 THX 5.1 speakers (330WRMS).  It sounds great to me but I've really experienced a true SQ setup.

Where would you class me? High budget?

For times where its too late to use the speakers I have HD555s.  I've always thought about amping these, any suggestions?

Similarly, is there anyway of boosting quality/performance of the 5.1 speakers?

Whenever I'm just browsing the internet I have music playing, but I play games and watch movies so 5.1 is a must for me.  When using the headphones I have the CMSS turned off for music (whats the point of upmixing 2ch to 5.1, just to come back to 2ch?) but I have it on for games as it really does sound like 5.1 in games/movies.
Cheers!

Oct 29, 2010 at 12:45 PM Post #2 of 2
It seems like a excellent movie/gaming set-up, but not really for music listening , the sound card and speakers are made for gaming/movies so thats where there perform best, my experance of logitech is there subs are muddy with 1 note rumble bass, and the satalites lack midrange and some sound screechy and some are undeatailed it's fine for films and games but not for serious music listening. the xonar stx is a popular card round here it has a excellent spec should perform well in all areas, 5.1 speakers are designed for movies/gaming, so look at a 2.0 or 2.1 set-up for music. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back