My letter to Ultimate Ears
Sep 20, 2004 at 9:13 AM Post #121 of 126
They're back with me! In full hard acrylic. One week and they're back with me in Italy. Hats off to UE for customer service.

I'll post my thought about the difference between full soft and hard acrylic in a different thread. This should be closed.

Sep 20, 2004 at 3:49 PM Post #122 of 126
Random Person, there were no cold weather. The lowest temperature was 41F.
lindrone, i have soft casing. 4 cracks have appeared on the soft/hard border...

Sep 20, 2004 at 3:53 PM Post #123 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by KPOT

Sounds like you should switch to the hard acrylic. I'm sure they'll replace them for free and I guess you only be without them for a week or so.

Sep 20, 2004 at 4:12 PM Post #124 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by KPOT

KPOT, could you take a photograph of them? I'm curious to see these cracks, to understand how they form, the shape they have, etc. Thanks!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 20, 2004 at 5:46 PM Post #125 of 126
I can't believe all the problems everyone is having with these. Then again they are ultimately a custom product which means there arises the possibility of flaws.

Sep 20, 2004 at 5:54 PM Post #126 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by archosman
I can't believe all the problems everyone is having with these. Then again they are ultimately a custom product which means there arises the possibility of flaws.

Yeah but the flaws should really only be with fit issues at the most, everything else is defective (cracks, sound problems, and allergic reactions). Hopefully these problems are not widespread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back