My Left Ear Feels Weird
Nov 22, 2011 at 5:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

DigitalFreak

镇老鹰
OK guys I need advice from more seasoned Head-fier's. Recently my left ear has started to feel rather strange. I'm not feeling any pain per say but my inner canal feels rather tender almost like it's plugged but I can still hear well. The best way to describe it is if feels like when you're starting to come down with an ear infection of some sort. When I was a kid I used to get tons of ear infections but they stopped when I hit my mid teens. Matter of fact I haven't had an ear infection in maybe 25 years or more. For the last 2 months or so I've been using Sony MDR EX600's as my on the go IEM's and to get a good seal I've been using foamy tips plus I'm jamming them pretty deep into my ear canals. Mr right ear I don't have to jam them in as deep but my left ear I'm guessing my canal is either angled differently or slightly smaller because I have to really jam the IEM to get a balanced sound and not have the IEM pop out of my left ear.

I started to notice the tenderness maybe 2 days ago and my first panic thought was did I just deafen myself with loud music? I've since stopped using my EX600's for the last couple of days and I've noticed although the tenderness hasn't gotten worse it hasn't gotten better either. Last night I decided to look around online a bit and tried 4 or 5 different hearing tests using my Grado headphones and I'm glad to say I scored well for my age bracket in all the tests. Right now I'm thinking it isn't anything to do with hearing loss based on the tests and based on me using other headphones for music. I've noticed all my other headphones seem to sound exactly the way they sounded before this tenderness became an issue. My guess right now on why my left ear is tender is one of three things. One maybe because I've been jamming my IEM so deeply into my left ear it's caused my canal to become tender or two because I'm outside a lot the exposure to the early winter cold may have caused the early signs of an ear infection or three because I traditionally like bright sounding gear maybe my left ear is heavily fatigued and I should take a break for a week or two. So what do you guys think should I be worried or should I just take it easy for a few days and give my IEM's a rest until my left ear feels normal again?

Nov 22, 2011 at 7:40 AM Post #2 of 2
wait a day or two, then go see an audiologist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back