My left ear canal is smaller than my right?
Mar 8, 2009 at 3:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Redmist

New Head-Fier
Yup, I just got my Denon AH-C551s today, and they fit snug into my right ear using the medium ear pad, but for my left ear, the medium falls out, so I use a small on the left and the medium on the right.

Am I a freak of nature, or is this somewhat common?

In any case, they sound great, my bus rides will definitely be much more enjoyable.

Mar 8, 2009 at 3:43 AM Post #4 of 22
No one is perfectly symmetrical on both sides of their body and same goes with ear holes too. When people get custom IEMs, they have to get impressions in both ears since their ear canals are shaped different. This goes the same with the ear opening too.

Mar 8, 2009 at 3:50 AM Post #6 of 22
I'd say that it's a pretty common occurrence. My left ear canal is smaller than my right but then again, my right foot is larger and wider than my left foot.

Mar 8, 2009 at 4:29 AM Post #9 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by fromthelane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It could be a difference in wax build up rather than a difference in canal size.

Nope, I clean my ears every day after I get out of the shower.

Mar 8, 2009 at 4:46 AM Post #10 of 22
Ewww whadaa mutan!
smily_headphones1.gif
God messed up, humans parts are not perfectly asymmetrical.

Mar 8, 2009 at 5:16 AM Post #13 of 22
My ear canals aren't symmetrical either. I had custom ear molds done and the differences between them are notable.

Mar 8, 2009 at 5:41 AM Post #14 of 22
Same here... again. I think my left ear is slightly bigger than my right..
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 8, 2009 at 7:01 AM Post #15 of 22
same here. and in fact, I think my ears are angled rather differently. my iems don't seem to be inserted in the same angle! and it's starting to get quite irritating cause the fit is never the same, and I can actually hear a bit of SQ difference, and not to mention isolation difference, even after trying different sized tips on the other side ): although this only happens when I'm listening at low volumes cause at high volumes the difference kinda doesn't show as much for a strange reason?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back