My latest Meta project
Apr 9, 2003 at 3:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

tigger

500+ Head-Fier
Loww rez pic, sorry http://www.msnusers.com/Headphone/sh...oto&PhotoID=25

A tweaked and Dremmeled Serpac H67. Managed to fit 2-9v Plainviews and an Alps Blue Velvet! I wish Serpac would do the H67 in translucent colors. Next time I'm going to do a balls out with bigger caps and tripple buffers. When I get done with all that there won't be much airspace left inside the case!
biggrin.gif

Apr 9, 2003 at 3:31 AM Post #4 of 6
very nice work here.

Apr 9, 2003 at 10:15 AM Post #6 of 6
Alps 50k pots are hard to find. when you find one, you buy it even if you don't need it right away!
I wonder how many people have the lids off their Serpacs right now looking to see what needs to be done. Well, It's not difficult. You just have to proceed slowly one step at a time and be carefull not to cut through the case.
You need to begin by removing the rear standoffs from the case. Then remove a small amount of material from the case where the corners of the board rest at the front bottom. I also removed a very small amount from the front corners of the board. All this is to allow the board to rest closer to the bottom of the case to allow clearance for the Alps. Take tiny steps so as not to eat too far into the board or through the case! I used a small tapered stone on the Dremmel.
The battery compartment is harder to explain, but if you look at it carefully, you will see what needs to be removed. Make sure you leave enough material for the battery lid to rest on. I used a small thin cutting wheel on the Dremmel followed by some touch up with an Exacto knife.
Make sure to use the Dremmel on low speed or you'll melt the plastic!
I managed to do this without ruining the case, but naturally, I will do better next time. Happy carving!
Thank you for the kind comments.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back