My late B'day present!!
Mar 18, 2006 at 11:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

warnsey

100+ Head-Fier
because my partner has been is hospital the last few monthes following a very serious car accident she didn't have a chance to get me a 21st present. To my suprise yesterday there were to big boxes waiting for me when i got home yesterday.

What is it you ask.

A new pair of Richter Harequin Speakers. Most of you non Aussies probably haven't heard of them but they are an Australian made floorstanding speaker. Kevlar woofers and a titanium tweeter.

Yes yes but how is the sound you ask.

One word amazing. They have amazing clarity and tone. perhaps a little bass shy at the moment but should improve with burn in.

Here is a link to the site it you want to have a look. Richter Harlequin

Mar 18, 2006 at 11:04 PM Post #2 of 11
do you have pics of the speakers?
biggrin.gif

Mar 18, 2006 at 11:08 PM Post #3 of 11
Have to go to work now but i'll take some tonight.

Mar 19, 2006 at 1:32 AM Post #5 of 11
Nice, and the bass will grow on you. You will find that the smaller drivers have a very tight and defined bass.

A larger driver (12", 15" etc.) if not well built/design make for a loose bass.

Enjoy them.

Mar 19, 2006 at 5:38 AM Post #7 of 11
Thanks all. Yeah they were from her. She is going pretty good. Still in hospital after 3 monthes. Her back was broken in a car accident but she is starting to walk now and expected to make a full recovery which is good.

I've been playing them a while now and the bass is starting to tighten up niceley. There defiantley a very nice speaker though. It's good having a partner who appreciates nice audio gear as much as i do (makes justifying things much easier)
biggrin.gif

Mar 19, 2006 at 11:26 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkless
and they know that they'll benefit from buying high-end audio gear for you
icon10.gif

That is true also. Lucky we like the same music

Mar 19, 2006 at 1:59 PM Post #10 of 11
My first thought was that you were gay, as I didn’t think any woman would spend that sort of money on hi end audio, even for her man. Usually you either have to hide it or do some good pleading to get that far

Hold onto her, she's a keeper
biggrin.gif

Mar 19, 2006 at 8:45 PM Post #11 of 11
haha.defiantly not gay. but it was a huge shock to me when i rocked uo home and they were sitting there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back