My Last.fm account has snowballed in the wrong direction
Feb 11, 2008 at 7:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Illah

1000+ Head-Fier
My main listening goes like this:

Hip Hop (mostly tracks)
Various electronica (mostly mixes)

In reality I listen to those two about 50/50, but Last.fm doesn't see it that way. For example, I can listen to two or three mixes for 3+ hours, and Last.fm scrobbles two or three tracks. Then I can listen to hip hop for forty minutes and scrobble a dozen tracks.

So...Last.fm now thinks I'm a die-hard hip hop head. In terms of scrobbles, my playlist is like 80-90% hip hop, but if you were to break it down to hourly listening time it'd be far different.

Now when I listen to the 'recommendations' and 'neighborhood' stations that I was hoping would introduce me to new music, all I hear is the same rotation of indie hip hop artists that I already listen to!

Ugh.

--Illah

Feb 11, 2008 at 11:11 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Illah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My main listening goes like this:

Hip Hop (mostly tracks)
Various electronica (mostly mixes)

In reality I listen to those two about 50/50, but Last.fm doesn't see it that way. For example, I can listen to two or three mixes for 3+ hours, and Last.fm scrobbles two or three tracks. Then I can listen to hip hop for forty minutes and scrobble a dozen tracks.

So...Last.fm now thinks I'm a die-hard hip hop head. In terms of scrobbles, my playlist is like 80-90% hip hop, but if you were to break it down to hourly listening time it'd be far different.

Now when I listen to the 'recommendations' and 'neighborhood' stations that I was hoping would introduce me to new music, all I hear is the same rotation of indie hip hop artists that I already listen to!

Ugh.

--Illah

Well there's only one solution. Just don't listen to hip-hop anymore. You probably were wanting to replace it with smooth jazz anyways, right? If it were me I would just listen to more Bluegrass.

Feb 12, 2008 at 2:52 AM Post #4 of 4
There is an option in the account to erase your entire last.fm list. Or you can remove the non-loved songs from your playlist. Leave a bunch of blue-grass music playing while you're away or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back