My Klipsch S4i Mini-Review
May 28, 2010 at 12:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

tripleh3lix

Head-Fier
Okay, well I just went out and traded in my V-Moda Remix's in for these cause they were hurting my ears, and I can't seem to find a size that fits my ear. I generally have big ear canals. Now the bass is really good on these, it's pretty even, but for rock music it kind of blends in with the voices and distorts the voices at some points. Also I can't turn it up higher then normal, or else the bass becomes too high and start to distort and make a rattling noise when vocals come in, my v-moda's never had this issue at all. I think I just need some more comfortable tips for the v-modas and cover up the metal part that was scratching my ear and I will switch back to those.

For rap songs they start to rattle in the left ear like a chiming noise with the voices, I'm guessing because of the bass. Um the ear tips seem to curve into my ear right, but when I took them out for a jog, they fell out very easily with the biggest tips on. I tried Fort Minor out with these, the bass seems to muffle the vocals while other things seem crystal clear. It's really weird.

I also tried out Infected Mushroom. The techno was pretty responsive and the beats were all pretty clear. Just when the vocals come in, they start to rattle again. Maybe it's just a product defect, even still the ear tips don't fit my ears right cause they're so big inside my ear canal and I may just get my V-Modas back and learn to deal. For people who are looking for earbuds that just want to sit in your ear with good bass, get these. These are pretty good for sit in earbuds, I am just very picky when it comes to headphones and these definitely have a defect because there was no rattling when I first put these on 2 hours ago. As for the 100 dollar price tag, not sure, you may just want to get the S4's which would be more worth it if your not an iPhone user. 

May 28, 2010 at 9:13 AM Post #2 of 4
I think your issues are caused by a poor fit. Try putting them in upside down, with the wire up. That's what I and many others have to do. A poor fit will muffle the mid range.

May 28, 2010 at 11:40 AM Post #3 of 4
May be the fit, but the rattling sounds like something with the unit.  I'd say let them burn in for around 150 hours and then see how they sound.  They are, in fact, dynamic phones.  Also, I don't believe you can wear the Klipsch S4i upside down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back