My Klipsch S4 and Denon dilemma
Jan 17, 2011 at 4:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Kelvs

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, new to this forum and im hoping that i could get some assistance from you audio experts!
Im no audiophile but i do have an interest in earphones and im planning to get some decent earbuds but i can't choose between the 2. Ive been reading some reviews lately for earbuds and the best ive found on the internet is apparently the Klipsch IMAGE s4. All reviews seem to praise it for the quality for what its worth. Im pretty keen for these but whenever i went to audio expert stores, they've all told me that these aren't as good as they sound. They all agree that they are decent earphones for $650ish HKD but they all of em also agree on the fact that they aren't better than some other earbuds out there that are around the same price. One of them introduced me to these Denons (forgot what the series was) and they were 20ish hkd dollars more expensive. He said that the audio clarity, quality and bass were much stronger and more balanced the the klipsch S4s. Since they didn't provice any demo's for either models, i cannot judge which ones are better. I however did try the slightly cheaper version of the denon that was mentioned above (still no clue what the series is) and i found the very satisfing in terms of the sound quality and bass. The man mentioned that the Denon's (the first one) are even better in every aspect. I hope you guys can give me some help, cause i really can't decide which ones i should pick up ay. I mean, the reviews are so positive witht he S4s and i havent found a single review on the Denons and since i cant try either first hand, i really cannt decide which ones i should get. Hope you guys can help out! Cheers

Jan 17, 2011 at 5:38 AM Post #2 of 6
Bump, really need some help pls!!!!

Jan 17, 2011 at 7:56 AM Post #3 of 6
bump......

Jan 17, 2011 at 8:07 AM Post #4 of 6
Kelvs, its always going to be subjective really.  Everyones ears and sound preferences differ greatly.  You will notice that many audiophiles want a more neutral or flat response, I personally prefer a more fun headphone such as the S4.  Without being able to audition IEMs, maybe you can try each one out, and return the one that you do not care for as much? 

Jan 17, 2011 at 8:10 AM Post #5 of 6
haha hey thanks mate. I know what you mean but i dont think the store will let me return it. Apparently its one of their policies. But thanks for your help though. Maybe mite actually give the s4's a go since they do look flashier and everyone seems to like it.

Jan 17, 2011 at 9:55 AM Post #6 of 6
well i can do with a little more help though haha. The more opinions the better.!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back