My Klipsch Custom-2 are in...
Apr 22, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #16 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by D2X2903 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm really curious to know how the Turbines compare to the C2s (not that I could really justify buying another $100 pair of earphones on a college budget).

Is it possible for you to return the C2's? I hate to hear about someone getting stuck with something they don't like. If not you can also sell them here over in the Sale forum to help offset the cost of a different set of phones. This is what I will be doing in the next couple of days as I have to recover some costs from all my experimenting (I will be selling a Fiio E5 and NE-7M's).

My dang curiosity kills me on this forum, I actually would love to see what the C2's sound like. Maybe I'll go buy a pair from a store I know will take them back and have a listen to them in the parking lot LOL. Ahhh maybe thats not a nice thing to do though... But dang I sure would like to know the difference.

Apr 22, 2009 at 2:43 AM Post #17 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by volntitan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just don't want to have to work at getting the earphones in to get the sweet spot and then hope they don't move while walking or whatever.

Once I figured out that I needed to tilt the phones upwards to point more directly at my ear canal. I now simply pop them in and then give them a small twist upwards and then forget about them. Since my ears are very sensitive I do find I occasionally shift them in my ears in an absent minded sort of way.

BTW I do wear my phones with the cable looped over my ear to reduce microphonics and to help them stay put.

Apr 22, 2009 at 2:50 AM Post #19 of 34
The body of the Turbines seems like it will last forever, it's solid metal. The cable is thinner than some I've seen though but I suspect if a person is careful and takes care of the phones (which you must have done to get 3-4 years out of your last pair) I bet they will last a long time.

The Turbines also have a nice NOT IN YOUR FACE bling quality to them
o2smile.gif

Apr 22, 2009 at 3:03 AM Post #21 of 34
LOL I wish Future Shop sold them for less than $180CAN
wink.gif
. I do hear you though as it does suck having to pay this much for good phones. But I won't be returning mine even if I wanted to go the MacMall route, I do prefer to be able to deal with local dealers for issues rather than online, plus I can return these anytime over the next 10 days no questions asked.

Apr 22, 2009 at 1:53 PM Post #25 of 34
From what I'm reading the ADDIEM's also have microphonics issues and their bass can be a bit weak. They seem to be a good niche headphone set for those who have a collection and a great deal bought used (which your not interested in). I think if your looking for a single all round headphone set they might not be what your looking for. If you can get a response about the SE115's they might be a good option but I personally am not sure.

Apr 22, 2009 at 1:59 PM Post #26 of 34
AS a teaser until SchneiderStudios can speak for himself here is a quote from him in another thread that seems to answer your question in regards to the SE115 vs the Turbines.

SchneiderStudios
100+ Head-Fi'er Join Date: Nov 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChroniCali
You have them? How are the highs and mids?

yes, they are not as clear as my turbines. im not an expert sorry.

Apr 22, 2009 at 3:54 PM Post #28 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by volntitan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL...nice stand in job....

LOL This is me keeping busy while the paperwork for my new IT contract is completed. I only post this much when I have time on my hands (3 months of time SUCKED big time though, so will be glad to be back working soon).

Apr 22, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #29 of 34
Well sending back my Custom 2's to Amazon. Bummer that is cost me $4.99 to ship them back, but was free to ship it to me.

Oh Well...the Search continues for the perfect $100ish IEMS!

Apr 23, 2009 at 5:44 PM Post #30 of 34
Will Amazon fully refund you for the Custom 2s? I'm thinking about returning the Custom 2s as well as I find it really hard to get past the lack of pronounced mids and highs. Was there any special procedure you followed? If all I have to pay is shipping it back to Amazon, I might return them and get the Turbines... Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back