MY KARMA IS ALIVE!!!
Oct 25, 2007 at 2:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

no1likesme

1000+ Head-Fier
well not quite,

I just purchased a new main board for it so I should have a working karma within the next few weeks.
icon10.gif

Oct 25, 2007 at 3:41 PM Post #3 of 8
I have 2 working Karmas here.. thet're fantastic little players.. just be gentle with them and they keep on ticking.

I may need to put a new HDD in one for a project maybe, but for now.. mmm gapless hq playback from the dock it is.

Oct 25, 2007 at 4:01 PM Post #4 of 8
Mine is barely kicking, but damn I love that little player. Unfortunately, I'm going to be shopping for something new as the HDD is definitely going.

Oct 25, 2007 at 5:04 PM Post #5 of 8
I Love mt RiO Karma, in spite of it's chunky size.

Matter of fact I replaced it's battery and later on even bought a 'parts-karma' to keep mine going longer. I may even replace that hard drive and have two
icon10.gif

or perhaps do a CF card mod to it.

Too bad my RiO Carbon died, that was also a sweet player, and sleek too.

TIP: Karma battery tends to be 'swollen' when replaced, indicating overcharging and possibly overheating.
1)- do not leave it on charge all the time, but remove the charger once fully charged.
2)- do not charge and transfer music at the same time, that adds hard drive heat on top of battery heat, potentially shortening the lifespan of both battery and hard drive.
(the swollen battery can put pressure on the hard drive housing)

Oct 26, 2007 at 12:36 AM Post #6 of 8
My Carbon has been pretty good to me, though the "menu" type button on the side requires a little extra force.

If only I hadn't upgraded to the DRM compatible firmware (that makes it so you can't transfer files off of the player). Anyone know if you can downgrade the firmware?

Also, what about batteries and hard drive replacements/upgrades?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back