My K1000 setup (pics)
Apr 4, 2007 at 9:06 PM Post #76 of 97
Might I point out there is a slight error in the details:
Quote:

Ear coupling: circumaural *
* This indicates the headphone has an open enclosure, which allows sound to escape and to enter, but also doesn't constrain the driver's movement, allowing for a more accurate reproduction. It also doesn't suffer from resonance problems. The best sounding headphones in the world in terms of accuracy of reproduction and lack of distortion are open headphones. Open, circumaural cans provide a very comfortable listening experience, especially if you are in a quiet environment

Sounds like a load of BS to me. Circumaural merely means that the pads go around your ears as opposed to supra-aural, which rests on your ears.

Apr 5, 2007 at 2:25 PM Post #77 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by superman's ears /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No!

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=260103851316

I'm not so sure that the Orpheus is an upgrade... I never heard it, but I'm a opendynamic headfier, wait for the Afrikane opinion, he has the two setups, but after he will change some tubes and some power cords on his Air Tight...

just my two cents, I do not change my setup with any other
k1000smile.gif

Apr 5, 2007 at 3:44 PM Post #79 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought the older ones sounded better, according to supermansears. I'm so confused. I have a newer one and it sounds excellent
confused.gif

This is my experience with ten K1000.

Generally the old series (like 03xxx and 06xxx) are less sensitive, it seams to have a minor gain. So they are less transparent but they have a rich full sound. Not so detailed as the others. These old series you can use with some good SS amps with very good result.

The new series (like 010xxx and 011xxx) are very detailed, very sensitive, but some of these has a thin sound (I found the 010xxx the worst in this regard). The 011xxx series are very similar each others, but between them (011xxx) you can find some that are the most equilibrated: full sound and also detailed and transparency.

But just one (that is latest I have bought sn 011316 is the very best in my setup: a big quantity of bass, the most detailed and an incredible transparency…

I can’t desire more.
k1000smile.gif

Apr 5, 2007 at 3:49 PM Post #80 of 97
Quote:

If you have an amp for HE90, I can borrow you one of my two HE90s.

Thanks!

But at the moment I just have the K1000 setup... I spent A LOT of money to "tune" this setup at the extreme, I love it so much that no any others headphones can take my attention... but thanks A LOT !!!

Apr 5, 2007 at 3:55 PM Post #81 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can’t desire more.
k1000smile.gif

Well congrats on getting a good production run model
k1000smile.gif

Apr 5, 2007 at 4:37 PM Post #82 of 97
I must kill this Air Tight by Ancient Audio Grand Silver Mono
wink.gif
(about half hour from me), but there are no AKG K-1000 nearby. So I must buy them, but early (25 April) GS-1000 coming and Nik must stop buying everyone for sale.

Apr 5, 2007 at 5:35 PM Post #85 of 97
Quote:

I didn't say that.
Read it again and don't misinterpret my words!

You also didn't get the sense of my Edition 7 words.

Any problems, Sir?

No major problems I can think of... my butt itched this morning; but I scratched it, so I'm all good
tongue.gif

I won't read it again! and I will misinterpret your words again! Giving commands over the internet really seems a bit silly doesn't it?

Either way, I like my K1Ks, so I have no desire to search for a better one. I'm a happy camper!
k1000smile.gif
I think mine is an 11 series...

Apr 5, 2007 at 5:37 PM Post #86 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just curious Nik have you tried a good vinyl setup with your K1000?

Funny I listened to this last night and really was blown away. Some of the best headphone listening I've experienced. Even better than hearing the HE-90 with EMM labs front end.
wink.gif

But I digress... you were asking Nik
biggrin.gif

Apr 5, 2007 at 5:45 PM Post #87 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Funny I listened to this last night and really was blown away. Some of the best headphone listening I've experienced. Even better than hearing the HE-90 with EMM labs front end.
wink.gif

But I digress... you were asking Nik
biggrin.gif

Actually I wasn't aware you had a vinyl setup
k1000smile.gif

I think this is the next source upgrade for me.

Apr 5, 2007 at 6:04 PM Post #88 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually I wasn't aware you had a vinyl setup
k1000smile.gif

I think this is the next source upgrade for me.

click on my "system" link in my sig. I would highly recommend the Scout. Above that the law of diminishing returns kicks in big time. A real bargain. Starting out and at lower cost, the music hall stuff is very good as well.

I encourage anyone to try vinyl out. It's a pain, but the results are definately worth it.

Apr 5, 2007 at 7:33 PM Post #90 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stax-i-nox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bravo Nik!

Now guys, there HAS to be some other amp LIKE the Air-Tight for a bit less money??
smily_headphones1.gif
What about the new Woo Audio 5 300B, or some other manufacturer? Hellllpppp!!!!!
blink.gif
k1000smile.gif

I'm really liking my ASL AQ-1001DT in OTL (30 watts), I've upgraded the input tubes. But I haven't been able to do a side by side with other amps. I've heard the F1, Aleph, and MBL mono blocks with the K-1000 and love the tube lushness with my amp. However, I doubt it will be able to match the air-tight in SQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back