My Junkyard Wars System
Aug 3, 2003 at 4:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

JMedeiros

Headphoneus Supremus
After this last purge, I am digging back into my old gear stash for my musical entertainment till Fall.

Until the Senn 650s appear, I don my lemming costume and I get my Corda PreHead to go with them...I am listening to the following (high-end fans should bail out of this post now
smily_headphones1.gif

Source: Pioneer CLD-M450 Laserdisc/CD player. This even has a (cringe) 5 disc carousel. I have never used it as a CD player before and I actually like the sound alot. The built-in DA Converter seems to do a really fine job of delivering what is on the discs.

Amp: I am using my old Denon AVR 2000 Receiver as a dedicated headphone amp. It has a great headphone out and I have enjoyed it in the office for the past few months.

Cans: My trusty old Senn 540 References. They are on the bright side but have tons of detail, large soundstage and good defined bass. They are also very light and comfy and the big foam padded cups fit completely over my ears.

I have been enjoying my music for several days now with this new downgraded setup....so far..so good..

Pray for me
smily_headphones1.gif

jw3.jpg

John

Aug 3, 2003 at 10:35 PM Post #3 of 7
John,

I have to ask, why the sudden downgrade? Getting ready for some big expenditures? You could always throw in a cassette deck to really test yourself.
biggrin.gif

Aug 3, 2003 at 10:49 PM Post #4 of 7
What interconnects are you using now?

Well it's good to listen to other stuff once in a while. It helps you really appreciate your stuff. Let's not forget the important thing is to listen to the music and not the equipment.

Aug 3, 2003 at 11:07 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by lan
What interconnects are you using now?

Well it's good to listen to other stuff once in a while. It helps you really appreciate your stuff. Let's not forget the important thing is to listen to the music and not the equipment.

I'm using Outlaw and Signal ICs right now...

and yes, the music is sounding great.
smily_headphones1.gif

John

Aug 3, 2003 at 11:10 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by Leo
John,

I have to ask, why the sudden downgrade? Getting ready for some big expenditures? You could always throw in a cassette deck to really test yourself.
biggrin.gif

aieeeeeeeeeeeee! LOL...I do have my ancient recording Walkman Professional I could hook up
smily_headphones1.gif

I just needed to get some fast cash for real-life stuff and I am looking towards the Fall to buy something juicy.

Got my eyes on the Corda PreHead and the Senn 650s for the future. Source-wize....I may go for another Philips.

John

Aug 3, 2003 at 11:14 PM Post #7 of 7
John, It's all good. I used a Philips PCDP with wallwart and a pr. of radio shack $1.50 at a garage sale headphones while I was waiting on the SDS amp from Mikhail to get here for 2 months. Finally I broke down and got a Rega Ear so I could use my CDP, It was like heaven.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back