My journeys at an end.. (or so I thought..)
Jun 10, 2009 at 10:44 AM Post #32 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spareribs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You have a nice rig. Move on to a great speaker set up. Speakers are better than headphones IMO.

!!! Have this man--I use the term inclusively--drawn and quartered! : ) Personally, I find reflective silence the best "listening" of all. : )

Jun 13, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #34 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie_X /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No I don't live near LA unfortunately...

True, but DO live near Chicago. CANJAM 2010 and you may be back on the trail!
atsmile.gif

Jun 14, 2009 at 4:17 AM Post #35 of 40
Damn... I am going to get the XCAN V8 when I go to Chicago next week. I know it's not a neutral amp, but I love it's resolving power and dynamics very much, plus it seems to go very nicely with my K701... plus I like the sound of Tubes very much.

So you guys are right.. It's begun once again...

Jun 14, 2009 at 4:34 AM Post #36 of 40
I also stated a few monthes ago that i am not gonna upgrade my main rig (headroom ultra micro stack rig) and i think i am doing pretty well so far.
I think that if you settle on a nice setup ( and i don't mean portable)you can hang on to it.
I aprecciate my ultra stack rig as pretty neutral, so the coloration is done by two headphone i chose that i like: the AH-D5000 and the RS-1.
with a decent rig you can pretty much enjoy a veriety of cans and taste other sound signatures.

I recentely purchase a new EF1 hybrid amp, but i am not considering it as upgrade to my current rig, just another taste of sound.

Jun 14, 2009 at 4:38 AM Post #37 of 40
Quote:

Damn... I am going to get the XCAN V8 when I go to Chicago next week. I know it's not a neutral amp, but I love it's resolving power and dynamics very much, plus it seems to go very nicely with my K701... plus I like the sound of Tubes very much.

So you guys are right.. It's begun once again...

As Mr. Burns' plaque put up in Homer's office says: DON'T FORGET: YOU'RE HERE FOREVER
L3000.gif

Jun 14, 2009 at 4:53 AM Post #38 of 40
I found it out the hard way after I listened to the XCAN earlier today at my friends house... sad irony.... is I was loving my VHP-2 a lot, now I prefer the XCAN V8...

Jun 14, 2009 at 5:04 AM Post #39 of 40
Quote:

I find it out the hard way after I listened to the Xcan earlier today at my friends house... sad irony....

Don't feel bad. I have an audio buddy who tells me about every 6 months that he is ready to get out of audio. A few days later he calls to tell me his latest aquiition/system change.

I think the art is to enjoy what you have and keep your eyes and ears open but don't feel COMPELLED to act. When you find something that really enhances your musical satifaction, pounce!

Jun 14, 2009 at 5:10 AM Post #40 of 40
I'm gonna use the XCAN on my PC, and the VHP-2 as my desktop rig. The VHP-2 is situated next to my bed, so I can listen before bed..

Damn.. I guess the "Sorry about your wallet" phrase is hitting me hard now. It's too late now. Also I'll bring the XCan/VHP-2 to the meet in Chicago this July.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back