My Journey To Perfection - A Review Of The 64 Audio Nio, U12t, Trio, U18t and U18s
Jul 3, 2023 at 10:01 AM Post #121 of 128
I have owned 64Audio Tia Fourte since last year and have been looking for a good cable to tame the sibilance. It sometimes really gets annoying that this legend of an iem has this stupid issue. With some sources, Fourte really reveals this issue too much. I really did not want to get into cable rolling territory, but it seemed like this was the only option as I did not want to sell the Fourte. I thought of selling it first but learned eventually that with the right chain, it can sound crazy good. There is nothing to complain about when Fourte is given a good pairing. So, cable rolling....

I used Effect Audio Eros S for a long time. It's a good cable, but it does not cut it. With some other IEMs, it opens them up, adds some sparkle, and is quite enjoyable. But for Fourte, I think I need something better (and, of course, more affordable). For a couple of weeks, I borrowed a PWAudio 1950s cable, and the cable really controlled this issue to a great extent. Also, the 1950s opened up the Fourte a lot. No wonder it is so costly. But I do not want to make a hefty purchase at this point in time. Which other cables really tame this issue in Fourte and bring beauty to the sound of Fourte? I need a few suggestions.

Also, who is using the stock cable with the Fourte? I'm not sure if anyone finds it usable at all.
I was going to say, 1950s or 1960s with Fourte. 1960s is cheaper and should be gentler on the treble.

Jul 3, 2023 at 10:44 AM Post #122 of 128
Fantastic post. Thanks so much for sharing. I've been loving my Trio's for the last couple of years, but this is making me wonder if I should go through all the headache (literally, sometimes) of getting 18t CEIMs...

Nov 7, 2023 at 9:25 AM Post #123 of 128
Having tried both the U12T and the Nio's - my preference certainly lies with the midrange of the 12Ts and sub-bass of the Nios. For now, I'll be taking a break from IEMs and going back to cans for while.

Nov 7, 2023 at 9:56 AM Post #124 of 128
IMG_8369.jpeg
Crossposting

Demoed the 64Audio lineup today. Fourte(my unit) is the undisputed king of all. I like U18s more than the Trio. It has better bass IMO and wider soundstage than Trio.

Trio and Fourte has almost similar treble response, the bass on Fourte is bit better and Fourte has that distinctive spaciousness in its sound. Also, I don’t agree to few people’s claim that Trio has a better tuning than Fourte. Most of the tuning almost identical, IMO.

It’s quite noticeable that all of them has a similar sound signature. Duo has leaner bass. I prefer U12t to the Duo.

Nov 9, 2023 at 11:11 PM Post #125 of 128
Noob post here. I have been considering buying a pair of 64 audio iems for some time due to the pressure equalization system. I used to use closed back headphones until I started getting headaches. When I switched to open backs it was like a revelation. Now I find myself wanting something lighter like an iem. Is there something that someone knows similar to 64 audio’s pressure equalization in another brand that is maybe $500 or less?

Nov 11, 2023 at 12:39 AM Post #126 of 128
I demo’d the U12T, U18T and U18S today in that order to look for an upgrade from my Andromeda 2020.

100% agree that the U18T is the most musical of the bunch.

U12T - When I first heard it, I thought that it sounded amazing. Everything I threw at it sounded good. It didn’t sound clinical or flat as some reviewers described.
U18T - Sounds like more refined U12T with better bass extension. Tracks with light bass notes that I could hear on the U12T, on the U18T just thumped a little more but not too much that it was out of place. I’d describe treble as slightly smoother and ‘rounder’ but not any less revealing. Male and female vocals were lush and clear.
U18S - Similar to the U18T but everything sounded slightly recessed compared to the U18T, like they are further away in the space.

In summary, I concur with OPs thoughts. In isolation, these are all amazing IEMs. If I had to pick only one of them I’d be happy with any. However, the U18T is definitely the most musical of the 3 with an engaging bass extension and lush, clear treble. I’m now saving up towards a U18T!

Nov 12, 2023 at 8:36 PM Post #127 of 128
Noob post here. I have been considering buying a pair of 64 audio iems for some time due to the pressure equalization system. I used to use closed back headphones until I started getting headaches. When I switched to open backs it was like a revelation. Now I find myself wanting something lighter like an iem. Is there something that someone knows similar to 64 audio’s pressure equalization in another brand that is maybe $500 or less?
Maybe trying custom IEM from Bellos Audio? The cheapest model is 499: https://bellosaudio.com/x2-custom-in-ear-monitors/

The dudes behind these IEMs: https://bellosaudio.com/about/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back