My Journey So Far - Short As It Is
Jul 27, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #16 of 19
So, an update from me.

Here recently, I was able to pick up a pair of Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro Chrome from a member here on the forum. Good god are they great sounding!
Enough bass for me and what I listen to, but the mids and highs are crisp without being too much and the detail is outstanding. They have shot up to my favorite over ears in my collection.

My Massdrop Sennheiser HD6XX should be arriving today. Super excited to get my hands on them, see how they sound on the Little Dot Mk II.

I was also selected to help beta test the Aiwa ARC-1 bluetooth headphones. I must say that for the $200 MSRP they are asking for, they are a great value. They are detailed, with good lows that do not bleed too much into the mids much. They are incredibly comfortable as well. Super easy to connect initially and they connect to my devices within a second when turned on. I liked them so much I pre-ordered a pair. My wife tried them as well and she didn't give them back to me for over an hour.

This new Aiwa seems to be a great group of people and they really want their products to be successful...but not by giving you something cheap, but more best bang for the buck. Once I get through my entire set of beta use cases, I will write up a review.
Just know that I am generally very skeptical being an initial adopter. I come from a professional photography and software engineering/development background. I tend to wait at least 6 months to a year before getting anything new to make sure all the bugs are worked out. I tend to NOT be an early adopter, but I am no these...which is saying something.

Jul 27, 2018 at 10:14 AM Post #17 of 19
Almost forgot....I started learning sound engineering. I'm going to be working the board and mixing at my church on a Behringer X32. All three of our current volunteers are sound engineers for radio stations or TV stations, so I feel this is a great opportunity for me to learn from some very knowledgeable people that are actively working in the field.

I started learning on my own through some YouTube videos. I figure that way I am not boring them with basic questions and I can actually use their time wisely and jump start my learning! :D

Jul 30, 2018 at 2:30 PM Post #18 of 19
Sorry to hear that you are having issues even getting the gear to you. Hopefully all the difficulty will be worth it once you get that sweet sounding setup you are looking for!
Yo,
Astell & Kern has the most awesome customer service. Since the post office messed up and could not deliver my package. They sent me another one to my relative's address and it will be mailed as soon as she receives it. If that's not good service I don't know what is. So far I have had a VERY good experience with them. Again not a shameless plug but I am impressed. I am so looking forward to getting started.

Jul 30, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #19 of 19
Yo,
Astell & Kern has the most awesome customer service. Since the post office messed up and could not deliver my package. They sent me another one to my relative's address and it will be mailed as soon as she receives it. If that's not good service I don't know what is. So far I have had a VERY good experience with them. Again not a shameless plug but I am impressed. I am so looking forward to getting started.

That is super awesome to hear. Curious to get your impression on the cans once you get them. I've no place local that carries the Astell and Kern, so have to live vicariously through others. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back