My journey - seeking closed headphones
Sep 1, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #17 of 22
Quote:
DT770 32 ohm might be a good choice. They had a limited edition last year and are coming out with an ongoing version this year. Its driven nicely by an mp3 player. 

Aren't you selling one Imackler <3 

Sep 1, 2013 at 9:28 AM Post #19 of 22
Quote:
Ha! I am. But I didn't have this pair when I wrote that! 

I keep buying the DT770 but I always find out that the mids are just a little too recessed for me. I'm a mid nut. 

Yea it sounds like the Ath a900x, speaking of which I've sold that and I'm selling the K550. 

Sep 5, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #20 of 22
I disliked the 439's, so I sent them back. Isolation suffered as a result of poor clamping pressure and the sound signature was diminished by a veiled effect, which was more prevalent in bassy songs. The ear pads were cramped and felt nowhere near as comfortable as the DT 770's. I decided to purchase the DT 770 and EQ out the extra bass. I had to change my audio sample rate from 24 bit 96 KHz to 16 bit 44.1 KHz before my Xonar DGX would change with equalizer modifications - previously I just thought the EQ was shockingly bad/ didn't work with headphones! Thanks for all your replies.

Sep 5, 2013 at 10:02 AM Post #21 of 22
  I disliked the 439's, so I sent them back. Isolation suffered as a result of poor clamping pressure and the sound signature was diminished by a veiled effect, which was more prevalent in bassy songs. The ear pads were cramped and felt nowhere near as comfortable as the DT 770's. I decided to purchase the DT 770 and EQ out the extra bass. I had to change my audio sample rate from 24 bit 96 KHz to 16 bit 44.1 KHz before my Xonar DGX would change with equalizer modifications - previously I just thought the EQ was shockingly bad/ didn't work with headphones! Thanks for all your replies.

Heya,

If you need another option for later, the Brainwavz HM5 or Fischer Audio FA003 would be a way to go. All your requirements. There are velour pads by Fischer that will fit the HM5. More neutral sounding than the DT770. Very isolating. Very durable. Detachable cables too.

Very best,

Sep 9, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #22 of 22
Honestly my Sound Magic HP 100 came in today.. I'm shocked by them :O very neutral and GREAT isolation. 

The k550 has more forward Mids over the Hp 100
The hp 100 has more forward treble over the K550 [and it isolates better]

Still the sound magic hp 100 is cheaper and has 0 fit and seal issues so I'm very happy with them 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back