My Jays-D died, looking for new IEMs with a solid, detailed sound
Feb 7, 2014 at 4:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

i44p6NinS7fj5ka

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

My Jays-D died a couple of weeks ago and I'm looking to replace them.

I was very  happy with them because of how they sounded : they delivered a detailed sound with great highs. 

Just purchased a pair of Shure SE215 and I'm quite disappointed : although the build quality is impressive compared to the Jays I had before, I'm not happy with the sound. The lows and the mids sound OK, but the highs are nowhere to be found, which is really annoying.

I'm in the process of selling them right now and would love to hear your thoughts about what IEM would suit my needs. 

Here's what I'm looking for :

I would like my IEM to deliver a bright sound with detailed highs, without too much bass. I'm a rock-and-roll junky and I want the guitars and the vocals to sound perfect. With the SE215, It's impressive how you're not getting the whole thing when listening to rock music. Many guitar riffs sound heartless compared to my old Jays-D.

Looking forward to reading your feedback.

Thanks !

Feb 8, 2014 at 3:03 AM Post #4 of 5
Thanks for answering.

It's quite difficult for me to get an idea of how these sound since there are conflicting reviews. Some will say that the B2 sound great when some others will say that they sound like crap. What's undeniable thought is the build quality of the RHAs that seems insane.

Has anyone has the chance to compare the Shure SE215 vs the d-Jays or vs the RHA MA750 ?

How would these compare one with another ?

Thanks !

Feb 8, 2014 at 9:25 AM Post #5 of 5
Here's innerfidelity's review of the MA750i:
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/reid-and-heath-acoustics-ma750-ear-monitor

Read the review and comments below. ijokerl and Tyll say the MA750i will replace the Shure on the Wall of Fame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back