My Ixos DJ1001 cracking
Mar 11, 2004 at 7:23 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by Reticuli
Clearly separated beats are extremely important to my mixing. You just talked me out of the Senn 280's that I was about to get at DJmart. I wonder if the 7509 or the Stanton 3000 would still be good to try. Still hesitant about that headband, though, on the Beatmasters.

That meier-audio.com thing goes to a **** site, by the way.

It's meier-audio.de!

Mar 11, 2004 at 9:50 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by Reticuli
So Sony 7509 and Stanton 3000 are still candidates. Beatmaster 550, maybe. What's your opinion on the Pioneer 1000 in comparison? Have you guys heard the Numark PHX-1?

I have my eyes set on the HD25. Mates that had the 1000 had the plastic crack in six months. I have not used the 7509, but like the 7506, it is designed for studio use. The response as you liked on the Ixos might be different. I am actually interested in checking out the HFI-500 DJ1. It says that it is designed for dj use. I am happy with my V6 though.

Jul 31, 2004 at 8:51 PM Post #19 of 20
Reticuli - funny you mention the pio hdj 1000 is a circumaureal design and has pads with small holes for the driver like supraaureal headphones have - I don´t own a hdj-1000; tried it once in a store - did the pio people ever think about that? was it their intention? has this design any purpose? if not, it´s the most obvious design flaw one can think of...

I would have a look at the price tags - the numark is quite a deal and it can´t be that bad; or maybe you can pick up a Stanton DJ 2000 for cheap now as the 3000 is advertised

oh yes: I think you forgot to mention the new one by technics; it´s bigger; like the Sony´s

imo the Sony 700/ Stanton 3000 look great, but the isolation is very bad (I only have the sony´s of course); the pads are just not deep enough

Jul 31, 2004 at 9:44 PM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reticuli
Candidates:

Numark PHX-1 - new, no headband padding, untested. Recieved a rating of 1 star on Nextag, or one of those price match places. Matches the look of Numark's gear. Probably was tested on their mixers.

Pioneer 1000 - too much bling bling, too small an ear hole in the large pads. Mono switch.

Stanton Pro DJ 3000 - Everything I could want except that it doesn't have a mono switch and it's untested. Low pass filter could put it over the top, though.

Sony V900 - Supposedly lots of bass and can be driven hard as hell. Slightly resonant at high volumes.

Sony 7509 - Probably not as resonant as the Aura-Nomic V900, but the earpads aren't as deep and circumaural, either. The most expensive option.

I'm strongly tempted to get them all and send back the ones I don't want. What do you guys think?

You sure seem to have interest in minor Headphones.....
confused.gif
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back