My ipod reliability. Funny story
Apr 30, 2005 at 11:31 AM Post #16 of 30
The first one was treated well (i paid the equivalent of 470 US). But the second one was treated like it was the most precious thing in the world, but after 2 weeks, it broke. But even so, the peripherals, such as the power thingo and inline remote broke, and that is a real black mark for me.

Apr 30, 2005 at 1:15 PM Post #17 of 30
Perhaps you're accidentally uploading some virus to your ipod, have you considered that? I've never heard of viruses traveling through MP3's, but you never know!

Apr 30, 2005 at 6:24 PM Post #19 of 30
How do you break the accessories? I use all of my accessories on a daily basis (except the headphones) for the last 6 months and havent had a problem (knock on wood).

May 1, 2005 at 3:19 AM Post #20 of 30
When i used the inline remote, the left channel cut out. I traced it to a split on the connector. I dunno how that happened, cause i hardly used it. The power thingo, well it just stopped charging one day. I dunno how i could break it.

May 1, 2005 at 3:24 AM Post #21 of 30
Have you exchanged the accessories?

May 1, 2005 at 10:26 AM Post #24 of 30
I'd just like to point out the balls that this kid has, the title is "My ipod reliability. Funny Story".... I would, in no way ever think this is funny if it were me. I would be so pissed I would go into a comma.

May 1, 2005 at 4:08 PM Post #26 of 30
FWIW, I bought my first and probably not my last iPod off an Ebay auction in October 2003. (30G 3rd Gen) It was two months old when I got it used from a private seller. I had NO problems at all EVER. Battery held a charge fine. I never dropped it though. I say had, past tense, because I left my car doors unlocked ONCE, and someone helped themselves to my iPod. It ticked me off, but what really bugs me is the blood, sweat, and tears I put into the damn thing ripping my entire collection LAME. Well, thankfully, I have all the music on my HD, so now, I need another iPod. Anyone wanna sell one cheap?

I will definately buy another, probably not new though. Apple makes enough money, they don't need mine.

Gary

May 2, 2005 at 7:44 AM Post #27 of 30
Well, it's kinda humerous, in a sick way. I cant do anything about it, so im not going to cry about it. I am thinking of getting an h320, so there is an upside
biggrin.gif

May 2, 2005 at 12:27 PM Post #28 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterR
Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action

biggrin.gif
very good

In response to above posts, funny as in ironic funny? You know like Sony, 80 million PS2's sold. But how many are where people are on their 3rd PS2? Or funny for those who didn't choose to go for an Ipod, shock horror.

May 2, 2005 at 12:31 PM Post #29 of 30
If you think that is bad, my friend broke two iPods one the same day,
one of them mine
eek.gif
while taking a third iPod to repair
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back