My iPod nano is destroying my headphones!
Oct 19, 2007 at 4:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

bluey_02

100+ Head-Fier
I have a nano 2G and I used to use Grado SR80's which were recabled and the plug a right-angled Neutrik one. I switched to Koss ksc-75's and everything was great for a few months but recently the left channel has stopped working. I look at the plug and I see the gold plating has been rubbed off, asking myself if this is the source of the problem. I switch back to my Grados and soon enough the same problem rears its ugly head, the left channel stops working as the plug is moved around. I figure that I open it up seeing if I can fix it and I took the little piece of plastic partially covering the dock connector and headphone terminal at the bottom of the nano and connect the Grados back and hey presto it's working again.

I surmised that keeping the nano in wearing moderately tight jeans pocket whilst connected to the headphones' plug may be the cause.

I admit the title exaggerates the problem but I'd like to know if anyone else is experiencing it. Can anyone explain what the hell is wrong with my iPod?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back