My Ipod Died..help???
Aug 10, 2009 at 2:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Tidus

100+ Head-Fier
HI my friends,

i listening to my Ipod 5.5g 80gb, then i take a break. After break i try turn on my ipod but nothing happend. When i plug Ipod to PC. NOthing happend too..so i ask if someone have similar problem???maybe battery cause she often drain off...thanx

Aug 10, 2009 at 3:35 PM Post #2 of 12
Battery is getting old, but...plug into charger for at least 30 min. Then while plugged in, press and hold select (center button) and Menu button together for at least 15 seconds.

If it doesn't come on, let it charge longer.

There is a known bug in Apple's firmware for battery monitoring that won't let the Ipod turn on. (Thanks Apple for not fixing this after 2 years)

Aug 10, 2009 at 4:06 PM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tidus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HI my friends,

i listening to my Ipod 5.5g 80gb, then i take a break. After break i try turn on my ipod but nothing happend. When i plug Ipod to PC. NOthing happend too..so i ask if someone have similar problem???maybe battery cause she often drain off...thanx

I guess it is not the problem of battery for you have turn off it. That means the battery is also turned off.

So i assume it is freezed or locked up.

Try more to see the really cause

Aug 10, 2009 at 4:12 PM Post #4 of 12
May indeed be that the battery is dying, cause I guess it is 2-3 years old.
As suggested above, let it charge for a while then hard reset.

Aug 10, 2009 at 5:47 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
May indeed be that the battery is dying, cause I guess it is 2-3 years old.
As suggested above, let it charge for a while then hard reset.

but when plug it into computer nothing happend...and i have only usb cable...i try...i buy new battery so i will seee....

Aug 10, 2009 at 5:50 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by andyk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Battery is getting old, but...plug into charger for at least 30 min. Then while plugged in, press and hold select (center button) and Menu button together for at least 15 seconds.

If it doesn't come on, let it charge longer.

There is a known bug in Apple's firmware for battery monitoring that won't let the Ipod turn on. (Thanks Apple for not fixing this after 2 years)

so i must try
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Sep 9, 2009 at 9:09 AM Post #7 of 12
So i bought new battery but Ipod dont respond. So maybe HDD or motherboard???Hdd and motherboard has on ebay the almost same price but what i shpuld buy???

thanx for info

Sep 9, 2009 at 12:17 PM Post #9 of 12
Were I you, I'd go on ebay and buy another one. Just bought a 6 gen. 80 gig iPod for $125 in new condition. By the time you pay for new batteries, motherboards, etc. you could probably just buy another one. And if you love your 5.5 g, they're a lot cheaper--under $100 most of them.

Good luck. Remember: your time is MONEY. So how much time do you spend, vs. how much money do you spend to fix a particular problem???

Sep 9, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by labrat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is no picture on the screen when you turn it on?
No reaction at all?

ye nothing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back