My Introduction
Dec 28, 2015 at 1:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Brennelf

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone, my name is Brennan. I am 19 years old and after dabbling into car audio and making things loud on my vehicle, I ended up coming over to the sound quality side of things, and figured my first step would be into the headphone world. (I've since sold my car (2000 Subaru Legacy L), and just this month picked up a new-to-me vehicle (2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition), and will not be doing the audio for awhile, if at all.) 

I just picked up my first set of cans, the Beyerdynamic DT-770 Studio 80ohm version. I've only really owned sub-$20 in-ear monitors, and a few months ago when I was into making things loud,  bought what was at the time the best in-ear monitors/headphones (Certified Basshead BassBudz)  I had ever had, besides my Astro A40 + MixAmp Pro gaming headset (which really isn't that great having heard good headphones now). I received a FiiO E17K Alpen 2 USB Amp/DAC for Christmas, which was a great gift, and made a noticeable difference to my headphones. 

I chose the Beyerdynamic DT-770s rather quickly. I went to Best Buy and tried what they had. Went through the Beats Studios and Bose QuietComforts, then came across some of the new JBL headphones that sounded rather nice. The problem was these all had active noise cancellation, which I wasn't wanting. Maybe for my next set of cans, although the DT-770s do a great job cancelling out sound with it's design. I headed over to Guitar Center next, and saw they had a decent selection of headphones. I saw some Sennheiser and AKG, and spotted the DT-770s as well. I asked to try the DT-770s, and INSTANTLY fell in love. I wanted them right then and there. I went in planning to spend less than $120 but walked away with these because they were just so good. 

Is my current setup of running DT-770s and the E17K a good start to getting into the audiophile world? Just wanting some reassurance from the community! What was your guys' first setup? Hope to enjoy my stay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back