My Introduction (A little about me, my experience, setup and aspirations)
Feb 3, 2016 at 1:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ItzMeLogo

New Head-Fier
Hello, my nickname is Logo (internet alias ItzMeLogo). Well, my introduction might be a bit obligatory but here I go; I am 21 year old male, a full time college student (undergrad, majoring in Sociology), and a part time landscaper still living at my parents' home. I was born, mostly raised and reside in South-east Michigan, USA. I enjoy eating quite a bit (I am rather skinny and not too tall), hanging with people I actually like/respect, exercising, freestyle skiing, climbing, the outdoors, fiddling with technology, machines, disassembly, reassembly and function of just about anything how it works (scientific oriented mind, can be a con), music, gaming of all types, reading (basically only non-fiction but some fiction), being sarcastic, comedy, traveling, science, sociology, history, and the list could go on. Even though I am rather young I have done quite a bit of traveling. I have been to about 30 states in the US, and about ten other countries and lived in Belgium for 2.5 years when I was very young. Other than MI, I have traveled to France more than any other country. My only natural skill/talent (non-acquired,  I always had since first developing motor skills) is the ability to physically climb efficiently, well and fast. If anything, I never lost the interest in using this to my advantage. One love and passion that has always stuck with me since I can  remember is music. The expression, the intent listening, instruments (traditional are most fascinating to me) and sound always spoke to me. That also goes to lyrics, voice and the poetry as well as composition. I have always wanted to be an active participant in the audio community. I have studied quite a bit for a beginner in audio products on how various components. technology, and the market of audio consumer products. I am excited to learn, collaborate, extend my knowledge and further my experience in the realm of audio. There it is, a little glimpse of me and who I am, most of which does not really define me, but it is a start.

I currently own an Ipod Classic (7th gen) 160GB (Not Rockboxed yet!), Shure SE215, JBL Synchros S200, a Lenovo IdeaPad Y510 (2012-2013 version) with dual NVIDIA 750M graphic cards with 16GB RAM, 24GB SSD on Intel I7-4702MQ 2.2 GHz processor, Go Pro Hero 4 Black Edition and an LG Optimus G (AT&T E970 version) are my notable tech possessions. My main vehicle I drive is 2015 Jeep Renegade 2.4L I4 engine. It is also noted my parents have had a pretty good home audio system by Technics purchased in the 90s with a couple Pioneer, Technics and Kenwood (I believe speakers) in their house as well I personally own a little Sharp Micro Component entertainment system in my room (CD, radio and cassette). 

I aspire to own the Etymonic Research HF5, Shure SRH440, and maybe a FiiO X5-II and amp from JDS labs respectively and realistically sometime soon.

Music/Media I listen to: classical, jazz, rock, alternative, rap (not the garbage of most new school rap), RnB, 50s&60s music/sound, 80s sound, hip-hop, podcasts/spoken word, electronic (mostly like Gorillaz, Girl Talk, Synth Wave, Chiptune, Ambient, Soundtrack, etc.), some metal, some emo, acoustic, instrumental (traditional and electronic composed/created sound), ska, punk, and as a rule almost NO country.

Feb 3, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #2 of 5
Hi logo! I'm Andy. pleasure reading your post, and what a fascinating story you've shared with us :)

do you intend to attend a meet anytime soon? I'm pretty sporadic and inactive on here, but I've recently decided to get active, possibly visit a meet in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back