My Initial Impression of KSC35s
Dec 12, 2008 at 5:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Silver

500+ Head-Fier
Very luckily I bumped into a guy wearing KSC35s on a bus two days ago, which was a once-in-a-blue-moon opportunity especially considering the fact that I am living in HK. He was kind enough to let me have a brief audition of them. Out of his Creative Nomad II MP3 player, I was impressed by the overall aural impact it bought to me(impactful and visceral bass like many head-fi'ers claim).I would say it sounded very similar to my SR-80s, maybe even more impactful than the Grados. As we found out we lived so close to other, I will be able to A/B my Grados and his KSC35 with my beloved D-777. The results are very likely to be favourable to the Grados in terms of overall sound quality, but considering its size, price and its portability, I think it will end up to be my second decent pair of portable 'phones after my E888 passed away suddenly months ago.

Dec 13, 2008 at 4:06 AM Post #2 of 4
If it helps in terms of availabilty, myself and Bangraman at our micro-meet today auditioned both the KSC-35 and Senn PX100 side by side, and there wasn't a world of difference between them...

...The Senns win out (in the UK) because of their value... but, either is a great can for portable use
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 11, 2009 at 9:46 PM Post #3 of 4
Yes... There really wasn't much in it soundwise, although I think I preferred the PX100 by a small margin for a less congested mid/treble and a more felt bass (it was a small difference though). The main differences then become physical. Efficiency? Quite similar. Comfort? I think the PX100 wins here. Portability? The PX will sit in a shirt pocket but you can jam the KSC35 happily into your trouser pocket. Durability? PX100 most probably. Looks? PX100 once again, although I have to say the 35 doesn't look as bad as they do in the pictures. Leakage? Didn't really try this, I knew I forgot something... Both do leak, just how terribly I can't do a comparison.

Jan 23, 2009 at 11:44 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally posted by bangraman
Leakage? Didn't really try this, I knew I forgot something... Both do leak, just how terribly I can't do a comparison.

I did
wink.gif

The PX100s appeared to be slightly less apparent, in terms of leakage... both did so, but the 100s wouldn't be quite as annoying if you were a fellow commuter or whatever...
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back