My indecision baffles me.
Oct 29, 2009 at 8:13 AM Post #16 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by cravenz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
heh. if I could splash the cash, I would too. But given my limited budget and the fact that I'm still a student with many more years of study to go, I doubt that will happen anytime soon. gotta make do with what I can get my hands on and not read custom phone threads. lol

I'm in the same position. I'm planning on selling the ones I don't want on eBay or something... just gotta figure out how it works lol.

Oct 29, 2009 at 8:18 AM Post #17 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by LurkerJeff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah the eff right. Jeez lol.

Haha...

It's only a matter of time. It only gets worse. Soon you'll find out about AMP/DACs.

Oh and let's not forget about cables. J/k Forget about cables, their all made with witch craft, snake oil or gypsy tears...

Oct 29, 2009 at 8:22 AM Post #18 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrozenGecko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha...

It's only a matter of time. It only gets worse. Soon you'll find out about AMP/DACs.

Oh no...

I already started looking into it yesterday...

I better stop now before it consumes me.

Oct 29, 2009 at 8:22 AM Post #19 of 40
Quote:

I'm in the same position. I'm planning on selling the ones I don't want on eBay or something... just gotta figure out how it works lol.

You could also sell them here on the Head-fi forums. Prolly a better way to sell than eBay.

Oct 29, 2009 at 8:23 AM Post #20 of 40
Quote:

yeah. I worked a little part time to save up for my stuff and the whole setup has set me back almost close to 1k AUD all up now. eBay ain't too difficult, but I reckon with that, ya better off trying to sell it in the community here. eBay would require some reputation in a way, though technically the same would be required here I suppose. But try posting what you wanna sell in the trade section and you might get some luck.

my advice though, as obvious as it is, decide on ya budget, read up on some reviews and stuff here (with a pinch of salt) obviously knowing your own taste in music and that to some extent you will have to weigh costs along with how much you value the difference in sound quality. if you can, find people who will let you listen to their equipment or go to a shop and stuff and check things out there.

Oct 29, 2009 at 8:24 AM Post #21 of 40
Quote:

Haha...

Oh and let's not forget about cables. J/k Forget about cables, their all made with witch craft, snake oil or gypsy tears...

LOL. don't tempt the guy. I started reading all that crap and just ordered the D10. I'm still trying to figure out if I should bother recabling my HD555s which I've not touched for sometime now.

Oct 29, 2009 at 8:26 AM Post #22 of 40
Quote:

Oh no...

I already started looking into it yesterday...

I better stop now before it consumes me.

"Oh no..." is right...

I think it's too late for a intervention for you sir... sorry no one warned you earlier.

Actually, my advice would be to kick back with the headphones you have and just enjoy the music. Don't be so worried about the headphones your listening to. Just find something you like.

Oct 29, 2009 at 8:29 AM Post #23 of 40
Quote:

"Oh no..." is right...

I think it's too late for a intervention for you sir... sorry no one warned you earlier.

Actually, my advice would be to kick back with the headphones you have and just enjoy the music. Don't be so worried about the headphones your listening to. Just find something you like.

i concur.

Oct 29, 2009 at 8:31 AM Post #24 of 40
Nice selection of headphones so far... but I wonder, what are you plugging them into? ... I mean headphones are cool n' all but headphone amps, DACs and those stock cables just have to go!
wink.gif

Oct 29, 2009 at 8:34 AM Post #25 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by cravenz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah. I worked a little part time to save up for my stuff and the whole setup has set me back almost close to 1k AUD all up now. eBay ain't too difficult, but I reckon with that, ya better off trying to sell it in the community here. eBay would require some reputation in a way, though technically the same would be required here I suppose. But try posting what you wanna sell in the trade section and you might get some luck.

my advice though, as obvious as it is, decide on ya budget, read up on some reviews and stuff here (with a pinch of salt) obviously knowing your own taste in music and that to some extent you will have to weigh costs along with how much you value the difference in sound quality. if you can, find people who will let you listen to their equipment or go to a shop and stuff and check things out there.

Quote:

"Oh no..." is right...

Thanks for the invaluable advice. Trust me, I do my fair share of "Lurking" before I decide to buy anything (hence the screen name). And yeah, I honestly think this is gonna be it for me. Just gonna relax and enjoy the music now.
atsmile.gif

Oct 29, 2009 at 8:52 AM Post #27 of 40
I sense a lot of self inflicted pain in his future...
tongue.gif

Oct 29, 2009 at 9:05 AM Post #28 of 40
I see that you are undecided on which products you'll be happy with. Try actually getting a representative headphone/IEM per brand, and let your ears bleed with the awesomeness of music in different "flavors." Flavors also applied to DAC's and amps, by the way. Happy hunting!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 29, 2009 at 9:07 AM Post #29 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjsoviet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see that you are undecided on which products you'll be happy with. Try actually getting a representative headphone/IEM per brand, and let your ears bleed with the awesomeness of music in different "flavors." Flavors also applied to DAC's and amps, by the way. Happy hunting!
smily_headphones1.gif

i hope you ain't suggesting that he buys one of each brand. roflmao.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back