My iMod/SuperMicro-IV rig finally SHATTERED and Done For!
Jun 11, 2007 at 3:50 PM Post #31 of 43
Ouch, that hurts. As a fellow scooterist of the modern art (Vespa ET4), I feel with you. Speedy recovery for you, your iMod/SM, and your scooter.

Jun 11, 2007 at 4:10 PM Post #32 of 43
Vinnie, kudos for the great gesture.

EFN, sorry to hear about the accident. I'm glad you're all right. Malaysian drivers are terrible, that's the truth
frown.gif

Jun 11, 2007 at 6:55 PM Post #33 of 43
What a shame, man. I've lusted over your rig for so long. I even showed pictures to my wife (that's nice, dear). I'm glad to hear that you're okay, but it's too bad that it happened in the first place.

Best of luck to your scooter, and your poor imod. Luckily, Vinnie's on your side here. Maybe you should see if he fixes scooters.

Jun 12, 2007 at 1:21 AM Post #35 of 43
That sucks EFN, Im glad you came out of it alright. Gear can be replaced, skulls cannot.
Kudos to you Vinnie, that is extremely generous of you. Customer service like that is one in a million. You may have just inadvertently earned yourself a new customer.

Jun 13, 2007 at 1:37 AM Post #36 of 43
EFN, i am glad that you are alright . I still need you for my cable
tongue.gif

And Vinnie, thats very nice of you offering that. Thats beyond a regular warranty for any product. FULL RESPECT !!!

Jun 13, 2007 at 10:37 AM Post #37 of 43
Hey there Erwandy. Was shocked to hear this but really glad you're okay. Get well soon.

Jun 14, 2007 at 7:02 AM Post #38 of 43
Glad you're ok! You're an inspration to us ER4 lovers out there.

Now, at least your body can regain in peace while the iMod gets its surgery thanks to Vinnie. As others said things can be replaced, lives cannot. But it seems that iPod-shaped sweet sounding organ will be with you once again making you:
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif

Jun 25, 2007 at 8:06 AM Post #42 of 43
Again thanks to EVERYONE for your kind words. My body is still sore to this very day - still recovering.

Having had a long discussion with Vinnie, I have decided to abandon to repair my 4G iMod.....
frown.gif
....there's too high a chance she may be trumped beyond repair and the very idea of replacing the main board is simply over the board

INSTEAD, I placed an order for a 5G iMod
tongue.gif
icon10.gif
. She's on the way to Vinnie now and I am counting the days (hopefully next week) to have her returned to me. And to make things even sweeter, my 5G iMod will still use the already burned-in BG caps salvaged from my 4G - yes I will be making my own iMod 5G Dock using those beauties
icon10.gif

Jun 25, 2007 at 2:50 PM Post #43 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Again thanks to EVERYONE for your kind words. By body is still sore to this very day - still recovering.

Having had a long discussion with Vinnie, I have decided to abandon to repair my 4G iMod.....
frown.gif
....there's too high a chance she may be trumped beyond repair and the very idea of replacing the main board is simply over the board

INSTEAD, I placed an order for a 5G iMod
tongue.gif
icon10.gif
. She's on the way to Vinnie now and I am counting the days (hopefully next week) to have her returned to me. And to make things even sweeter, my 5G iMod will still use the already burned-in BG caps salvaged from my 4G - yes I will be making my own iMod 5G Dock using those beauties
icon10.gif

Good luck and continue getting better. Once again kudos to Vinnie.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back