My iMod/SuperMicro-IV rig finally SHATTERED and Done For!
Jun 8, 2007 at 9:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

EFN

Headphoneus Supremus
Well what can I say, last Wednesday I was riding my scooter as I would normally in the city. Long story short, I had an accident (NO I WAS NOT LISTENING TO MY RIG) avoiding a car taking a sudden turn into my lane. I High Sided and landed on the road rolling over. Thank GOD I was still alive and my helmet accounted for most of the livesaving tumble. I was sorely and painfully swollen all over. To make things worse my beautiful Yamaha Nouvo-S scooter was badly skewed. To make things EVEN WORSE, later I reach into my pocket to find my SuperMicro-IV no longer attached to my iMod - and true enough the front cover was shattered to pieces and the power switch decapitated - my iMod on the other hand recieve a nasty dent in the back (my SuperMicro-IV pushing into it) and now she keeps rebooting no matter what I do. Yes I tried recovering my iMod using all the known method including swapping the HDD to mt spare 40GB - but no avail - my iMod is officially a looney now.

What luck. I am not giving up on my iMod yet. I am not too worried about my SuperMicro-IV because I have plans to retrofit her with a new case and power switch - but my iMod came all the way from US and one could not simply just snap a finger and hope a replacement to appear at the nearest iPod dealer
frown.gif

I think I may buy a used 20GB 4th Gen and transfer all of Vinnie's mod to that iPod - see if I can pull this out successfully

Jun 8, 2007 at 10:24 AM Post #2 of 43
That trully makes me sad
frown.gif

Thats about the worst thing that could happen with a Imod.

Jun 8, 2007 at 11:22 AM Post #4 of 43
...after all the trouble you went through to have have this nice iMod case...
That is a sad story but most important you are safe an in one piece. Everything else can be replaced (sooner or later).

Jun 8, 2007 at 12:19 PM Post #7 of 43
EFN,

Sorry to hear about youe rig getting busted, but thankfully you're OK.

You should contact Vinnie about your iMod he may be able to help you with it.

Good Luck!

Jun 8, 2007 at 12:33 PM Post #8 of 43
I was once in Asia and the traffic there is terrifying, especially with all those scooters. Good you made it out alive.

Jun 8, 2007 at 3:08 PM Post #13 of 43
That really sucks man, especially after all the care put into modding them.. but I'm glad to hear you are ok. Good luck on the transplant.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back