My imod just died
Sep 10, 2007 at 7:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

bellsprout

500+ Head-Fier
My imod died today. It was on full battery and then it just crashed sorta. I use rockbox, and this is what happened:

1. firstly, it was acting a bit weird cuz it was playing with the left and right channels swapped around. it took 3 resets before it played the L and R channels the right way.

2. then, it was playing when suddenly the song stopped

3. i start the song again, and it only plays sound thru the left channel of my earphones. this has happened before (for some reason it always happens) and is usually fixed by resetting the imod.

4. i rebooted it, to get a "battery running low" symbol (even though it was on full battery) and it shut itself off

5. i tried resetting it on the spot (toggle hold, press middle and play buttons for 6-10 seconds) and nothing happened.

6. i brought it home, plugged it into the wall socket, and it still didnt come on. tried resetting it and it didnt come on.

7. it's been several hours since. it's still in the wall socket and it's dead

confused.gif

hope it's not gone for good

Sep 10, 2007 at 8:30 AM Post #3 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey buddy. You have a dead battery there. It's a common problem for ipod 4Gs.

Your best bet is to send them back to Vinnie with a new battery. I am sure they'll be fine.

it's a new 1350mah battery. it has less than 20 hours use on it

Sep 10, 2007 at 9:19 AM Post #8 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by bellsprout /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what i dont get is there like smg up with 4g ipods and batteries dying? or is it just a bad battery?

1350 mAh battery? which model? I have a brand new 1350 mAh gone busted barely a few days after installation
plainface.gif

Sep 10, 2007 at 10:57 AM Post #11 of 27
Quote:

Yep! that's the very same battery that I purchased and use only for a week.

I recommend you get a 1200 mAh instead from an eBayer in HK - superb battery for iMod 4G

thx! i'll take ur advice

Sep 10, 2007 at 3:32 PM Post #14 of 27
Quote:

I recommend you get a 1200 mAh instead from an eBayer in HK - superb battery for iMod 4G

x2 on that note, the 1200mah batteries are stable and are about the maximum you are supposed to throw in a 4G.

the higher mAH ratings are hype and low quality in my experiences, and oft prove to be illegitimate ratings.

Sep 10, 2007 at 4:10 PM Post #15 of 27
Quote:

All,

It appears that these 1350mAh Newer Technology batteries are total crap... I have replaced them for quite a few iPod customers who had them installed thinking they would be better than the stock battery. Please stay away from them.

So far, the batteries from www.ipodjuice.com seem to be working fine.

NOTE: I am not affiliated with either of these companies. I'm just posting my findings based on the experience of my customers.

Best regards,

Vinnie

PS: Bellsprout, please send me your iPod with a replacement battery and I'll take care of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back