My Iguana's got a Posse
Mar 4, 2006 at 11:16 PM Post #16 of 34
wow cool stuff man,

those cats are my neighbors. they like to crap and spray around my back yard so i don't mind it when the ig tortures them.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 4, 2006 at 11:31 PM Post #17 of 34
tho Quote:

se cats are my neighbors. they like to crap and spray around my back yard so i don't mind it when the ig tortures them

In that case some protien if in small amounts is good for the iguana.

not too good for the cat but nothing is puurrrrfect
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 5, 2006 at 12:15 AM Post #19 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by boodi
mmm
it's a time now I want to upgrade from cat to iguana..
tongue.gif

mmm
:serious:

great! they cost about $400 in initial costs and vet bills, and need lots of space to climb and run around. oh yeah, their tails are strong whips and they have razor sharp claws an inch long when grown. if you think you're ready, do some reading:
http://www.anapsid.org/iguana/
not trying to be a jerk, just want to make sure your ig is happy and healthy.

Mar 5, 2006 at 12:23 AM Post #20 of 34
thanks Red!
I have two friends who have iguanas , I literally ADORE these animals and fall in love with Iguana Chameleons! and other exotic 4 legs reptiles very easily ( as with some other animals to tell the truth , but maybe the iguana and the very usual domestic pets , cats and dogs , are the only I wouldn't feel guilty to keep imprisoned in a house + lill garden and live with )

Mar 5, 2006 at 12:26 AM Post #21 of 34
Quote:

thanks Red!
I have two friends who have iguanas , I literally ADORE these animals and fall in love with Iguana Chameleons! and other exotic 4 legs reptiles very easily ( as with some other animals to tell the truth , but maybe the iguana and the very usual domestic pets , cats and dogs , are the only I wouldn't feel guilty to keep imprisoned in a house + lill garden and live with )

oh yes, to an iguana a garden is heaven on earth. but don't let them run away.

Mar 5, 2006 at 2:45 AM Post #23 of 34
Quote:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...06331&q=iguana

isn't she beautiful ?
almost domestic as a cat

that is a "he" for sure.

also, it looks like he's been rubbing his nose. it is best not to use screens in enclosures. igs will literally rub their noses right off.

Mar 5, 2006 at 3:22 AM Post #24 of 34
With all the iguana love going on here I thought i'd post a pic of mine. His/Her name is Scar. I think it is a female but I'm not sure.

scar.jpg

Mar 6, 2006 at 9:21 PM Post #25 of 34
nice ig! that link i posted before has a guide to sexing iguanas. you probably can't tell until it is over a year old.

Mar 6, 2006 at 9:27 PM Post #26 of 34
Wow, those pictures make me want an Iguana so much, but it's definitely out of the question right now. Maybe when I'm living on my own and away from parents who don't understand the wonders of some animals...

Mar 6, 2006 at 9:33 PM Post #27 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
nice ig! that link i posted before has a guide to sexing iguanas. you probably can't tell until it is over a year old.

It is going on about 1 year and 3 months.

Mar 6, 2006 at 10:51 PM Post #30 of 34
you should see the expression on an ig's face when the vet is performing a vent exam.
eek.gif

(my ig is sitting on my monitor enjoyng the heat, and he just now sneezed some snalt on me! yuck!!)

click&pops

Users who are viewing this thread

Back