My IE 8 broke. norrowed it down to 2 contenders.
Dec 25, 2011 at 1:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Aevum

Headphoneus Supremus
My IE8 broke after 3 years of loyal service (stem broken, cant superglue it on).

Im currently looking at 2 top tier universals. the Audeo PFE232 and the EarSonics SM3v2.

The PFE232 costs me 500 euros delivered but comes with a free PFE022 which i can sell to take part of the cost off.

The SM3v2 costs me 375 euros delivered.

Supposobly the PFE232 is better and with the filters it can be adjusted more. but 500 seems a bit steep. so i dont know if its worth the extra 125 euros.

Anyone tried them both ?

Dec 25, 2011 at 6:46 PM Post #3 of 12
i live in spain, that means i need to ship my impressions out, and more complications for warranty or if they dont do the fit correctly.
if i had a local company to do customs i´d probobly allready have a pair.

Dec 25, 2011 at 9:05 PM Post #4 of 12

Quote:
Ever thought about doing a UM custom reshell with added drivers? It's be interesting to have an IE8 hybrid CIEM.

I didn't realize until now that they have that option 
eek.gif
 That'd be awesome! 

To OP, sorry I've never heard either. But I've always felt that the PFE232's price is too steep and I would go with the SM3 V2 just for that.

Dec 26, 2011 at 4:06 AM Post #6 of 12
What are you looking for in the earphones would probably give people here a better idea what to suggest to you.

If it were bass for example, I would say the TFTA's
If it were clarity the Audeo's (at least the 122's) seem great. Let alone the 232's - price wise no idea if they are worth it or not, not heard them.

Dec 26, 2011 at 6:39 AM Post #10 of 12

Quote:
That's a good idea but the last time I checked with UM, they don't do resell for IE 8. Probably must update myself. It's a fantastic idea though.

It says on Stephen's (UM Rep for North America) website here that the option is still available. It's not merely a reshell, but a reshell + 2 BA.

Dec 26, 2011 at 7:56 AM Post #12 of 12
I think we've gone a little off topic with what the OP was asking. 

Regarding the PFE232 and SM3 V2, not many people have had the luxury to hear both - I can only think of one person who has and that's fellow head-fier i2ehan. Maybe he can give a brief comparison between the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back