My Horrible Null Audio Experience
Feb 14, 2010 at 8:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

bwiize

New Head-Fier
Ok so, I had been looking for replacement cables for my UE Triple Fi 10's about two months ago and came across head-fi.org and some people were talking about how good Null Audio cables were so once I was able to secure some funds a month later I decided to order the lune silver cable on 1/12/10. I would also like to point out at this time that his website said it would take 10-14 days to ship and that I bought the 92/100 cable in stock. I know this because I was checking the website daily to see if the cable was back in stock or not because Kevin had not been replying to my emails about when the cable would be back in stock. Anyway, 3 1/2 weeks later, the cable still hasn't been shipped so I shoot Kevin an email telling him when my cable would be shipped and he emails me back saying that the cable is already out of stock and that it would take another 2 weeks to restock because they have some problem with material supplies. So at this time my detective mode kicks because I remember somebody on here saying that he sells on eBay also, so I checked his account and sure enough he is selling in stock lune cables on the website saying he still has 8 cables left and also his website stated that he still had around 60 left in stock. Now I'm no cop but it doesn't take a FBI agent to put two and two together. So at this point I email Kevin back saying I just want a refund for my $117 so I can just pay my bill instead. He emails me back 6 days (Feb 6) later saying that the cable is back in stock and it will be sent on Monday, are you still ok with it? I then email him back saying no I just want my money back because at this time my b.s. radar goes off because this is the same guy who said it would take another two weeks to ship but when I say I want a refund he seems to jump on the gun, or so it seems. So after two more emails saying I just want a refund he emails me back on Feb 10 saying sorry we cannot refund you your money because it had already been shipped on Monday (Feb 8). Now at this point in time reading this email I become furious, but I kind of calmed down because I did email him 2 days after he supposedly shipped it, but was still pissed because I had told him twice before this email, that I already wanted a refund but he kept filibustering like a top-notch politician. I then proceed to tell him now I have to sell it on head-fi.org or pay more money for shipping just to send it back to get a refund and that, that defeats the whole purpose of the refund and that I will never be doing business with your company again. He shoots me an email back on Feb 11 saying sorry about the miscommunication between me and my shipping department and if I want a refund just send the cable in original condition. When I read this I was thinking, ok I'll just send it back then when it gets here because I just want my money back and don't want to use his cable just off of principle. So now I'm thinking its done with and I just gotta wait for the cable to get here so I can ship it back for my refund. Come to find out the shady crap isn't over. I get an email today (Feb 14) from Null Audio saying my order has just been shipped. At this time, I am beyond furious, I'm ready to bury his shady company so people on head-fi don't have to go through the same horrible customer service that I had to go through. How can you upright lie to your consumers saying it was shipped on Feb 8 when it was really shipped on the Feb 14 and that, that was supposedly the reason he couldn't give me my refund. Right now I'm just thinking he did it on purpose because nothing adds up and I will be posting the email that was exchanged between Kevin and myself. By the way, when the cable gets here in a week or so, I'm going to be selling it new because I don't even want to deal with Kevin and his refunds and I thought about just keeping the cable but principle runs deep through me and I don't want anything to do with his products no matter how much people say how good they are. You guys have been warned. Thanks for listening. Stay safe!

Feb 14, 2010 at 8:37 PM Post #2 of 9
Subject: Re: Message from Null Audio Studio
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 00:02:35 +0800

Hi Brian,

We are sorry about that, it was a mis-communication between me and my shipping department.

If you wish to send it back for refund, please keep the cable in original condition and send it back via registered mail.

Please scan a copy of your shipping receipt so we will refund you the full amount($117) plus your shipping cost.

Best Regards,

Kevin K. Wang

Null Audio Studio
#22-2-449
10 Nanyang Drive
Singapore 637720

Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 11:36 PM
Subject: RE: Message from Null Audio Studio

Well that's great, now I have to spend more money shipping it back or selling it on head-fi.org. It defeats the purpose of the refund. Thanks anyways but I will not be doing business with you again after this incident.

Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 21:10:20 +0800

Hi Brian,

I am sorry that I couldn’t give you a refund right now. Your cable has just been shipped on Monday, and we are waiting our courier to revert tracking numbers.

You shall receive it in a few days. If you still wish for a refund, please return the cable to us and we will refund immediately.

Best Regards,

Kevin K. Wang

Null Audio Studio
#22-2-449
10 Nanyang Drive
Singapore 637720

Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 1:54 AM
To: sales@null-audio.net

Hello,

I just want the refund right now, until I'm able to secure more funds for some of your products.

Thank you

Brian

Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 02:36:38 +0800

Hi Brian,

We understand your concern, the Crystalino cable is indeed a lot better in term of sound quality, transmission interference reduction and appearance.

However, the solid core structure and silver mesh shield will make it bulk and stiff. It will be not very suitable for portable use. Our recommendation is to use it for home system only and Lune will be a better fit for portable system.

If you intend to purchase both cables, we can give you a bundle discount price.

Happy New Year!

Best Regards,

Kevin K. Wang

Null Audio Studio
#22-2-449
10 Nanyang Drive
Singapore 637720

Sent: Sunday, February 07, 2010 1:57 AM

Hello,

I would rather have the refund and save up to get the Crystalino later.

Thank you

Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 02:05:54 +0800

Hi Brian,

We have updated our stock in time and your cable will be sent by Monday, are you okay with it?

We are so sorry about the long delay and wish you a happy lunar new year!

Best Regards,

Kevin K. Wang

Null Audio Studio
#22-2-449
10 Nanyang Drive
Singapore 637720

Sent: Monday, February 01, 2010 5:42 AM

Hello,

It says on your website that it would ship in 2 weeks. Can I get a refund for my $117 instead, I would rather just pay my bill.

Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 17:18:57 +0800

Dear Sir,

Sorry that I have not updated you that the clear version Lune series cable is already out of stock for a while and the Black version has just sold out.

We expect around 2 weeks to restock them as we have encountered some problem in material supply. We are working hard to resolve the problem and will update you once the cable is shipped.

Best Regards,

Kevin K. Wang

Null Audio Studio
#22-2-449
10 Nanyang Drive
Singapore 637720

Sent: Friday, January 29, 2010 5:59 AM
Subject: Message from Null Audio Studio

Hello, I bought a Lune cable on 1/12/09 and was wondering when it will ship out?

Feb 15, 2010 at 5:20 AM Post #3 of 9
There's nothing shady about this, it was just a screw up. In your anger you want to attack the guy for not cancelling the shipment straight away when you changed your mind after finding out it was out of stock. Ultimately you got the product you originally ordered, so you should be happy.

Feb 16, 2010 at 9:19 AM Post #4 of 9
So what people change their minds, that's apart of owning a business, and if he didn't ship it already he should be able to give me a refund especially if it was a legit business but someone missed BUS 1 in college.

I changed my mind because the cable on his website said it was memory wire when I searched the head-fi forums I found a couple of post that said it was just a silicone tube wrapped around a wire and that wouldn't have been secured in my ear when I'm walking around. So on top of not giving me a refund when it wasn't shipped but he also lies a tad bit on his products. So to answer your question, no, I didn't get what I originally ordered because when you call something memory wire and its not its called false advertisement.

You should really read what I wrote very slowly because your not getting it. Should I draw out a little graph for you and describe each date down to a fine point? I would of wrote it off as a screw up but when you say your sorry for the miscommunication of shipping a product when I had already asked for a refund and then you really ship it 6 days later when I still wanted the refund, I call that more than a screw up. I call that purposeful or being an incompetent business owner. You don't think he couldn't refund me in that 6 day time frame when he said he was sorry for "supposedly" shipping it already? This isn't even the first bad customer service experience people had on here with Null Audio so I don't even know what your talking about this company not being somewhat shady and slow to start. Just check the post where one guy wanted his IEM's remolded, sent in the money but never heard from him in weeks. Who just takes your hard earned money for a service and doesn't reply to your emails until weeks later? All I'm doing is adding fuel to the fire and if you think I like talking to random people I don't even know about all my buying experiences on the internet your deeply wrong because I got better crap to do with my time, that's why I'm on my third post and not my 4,000+ because I have a life I have to contend to. I don't have time to deal with mishaps, when someone asks for a refund, you just give it to him/her. You don't try to keep selling to the person. I'm a grown man with a strong mind, I don't need people attempting to sway my decisions when all I wanted was a refund at that moment. This incident just cuts the cake to the point where I have to say something. It's not like I woke up one morning and decided I wanted to write a bad experience about his company, there were steps that led up to this and it takes a lot for me to come on a forum and write a bad review because I usually don't write performance reviews for anyone, good or bad.

I know people on here says Kevin travels and a lot and all that but if he has such a mobile lifestyle get some freakin' employees. There is no such thing as a part-time business. Either go hard or go home!

I'm done with this thread. Think and believe what you want but at the end of the day, Null Audio's customer service will still be screwed up, unless there are some major changes in business practices. Believe it or not quality customer service makes a bad company o.k., an o.k. company good, and a good company better. End of story.

Confront them with annihilation, and they will then survive; plunge them into a deadly situation, and they will then live. When people fall into danger, they are then able to strive for victory. - Sun Tzu

Now do you see what bad reviews are for? There is a purpose behind every action. Every business owner should have read the Art of War by Sun Tzu and if they haven't you know why they aren't in business anymore.

May 19, 2010 at 3:35 AM Post #5 of 9
When was the last anyone heard from Mr. Kevin Wang from Null Audio?

I had initiated my remold order last mid-March.  Contact in the beginning was intermittent, but have heard absolutely nothing since early April.

Unique Melody is poorly represented by this distributor.

May 19, 2010 at 2:53 PM Post #6 of 9
Did you pay with credit card or paypal? The fact that they didn't describe the item accurately (no memory wire, but what is that lol?) is enough to make a credit card company refund the payment sent to Null Audio. Sun Tzu also said never risk your own skin, you do that by paying with credit.

May 20, 2010 at 1:57 AM Post #7 of 9
Thanks for your feedback.  I paid with PayPal.

Quote:
Did you pay with credit card or paypal? The fact that they didn't describe the item accurately (no memory wire, but what is that lol?) is enough to make a credit card company refund the payment sent to Null Audio. Sun Tzu also said never risk your own skin, you do that by paying with credit.

May 20, 2010 at 7:20 AM Post #8 of 9
Then contact paypal immediately. I know some people think this is unfair, but the customer did suffer weeks of waiting and bad service, it is better if the company sucks up the loss in parts and shipping than the customer to suffer in addition to the waiting full retail payment of a product he wouldn't have received if customer service was working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back