My hornet is hereee! Perfect fit with Meizu!! (lots o' pics!)
Jun 2, 2007 at 2:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

forsberg

500+ Head-Fier
After about a week and a half since ordering, the hornet has arrived to HK!

Burn in time is about 10 hours, and it sounds great. I am just in awe by the bass produced by this combo. The music just seems to come alive, just bigger in every sense. Cant wait til I get the full 400 hours on this puppy!

I can't believe how perfectly it fits the meizu miniplayer dimension-wise. The pics don't do it justice. Holding it in my hand, it just doesn't seem like it's a DAP + amp stuck together. It is more like a hornet with a screen on it!

(by the way, if you are wondering, I took a 6" I/C and jammed the wire inside the usb cap of my tbaam)

Here she is:
snc13148fz9.jpg

Back shot:
snc13149qp8.jpg

Just to give you an idea how flush the dimensions are:
snc13154at2.jpg

Side view:
snc13155fu2.jpg

Direct back:
snc13156yv3.jpg

It is pretty small:
snc13157ki9.jpg

Velcro is a portable head-fi'er's best friend:
snc13159nk0.jpg

Mad photography at work:
snc13167so4.jpg

Meizu + Hornet in action:
snc13169mp0.jpg

Jun 2, 2007 at 2:48 PM Post #2 of 11
Congratulations with your Hornet!
biggrin.gif

Its certainly a great sounding and well built little amplifier, which seems to fit perfectly with the size of the Meizu.

Jun 2, 2007 at 2:55 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dual /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Awesome. I wish I could afford a Hornet.

Your the only person I've seen other than me that uses an amp with the M6.

Right on brother.

Haha serious? I never thought of amping the meizu either. I had the pa2v2 and it just didnt look right with any DAP (had ipod b4 this) cuz of its squarish size. One of my main reasons for getting the hornet was because of the similar dimensions. I dont know of any other dap+amp that are the same size.

Jun 2, 2007 at 3:23 PM Post #6 of 11
What volume do you have your Meizu set at? I don't notice any appreciable differences when amping mine; it sounds at the most just as good as normal and in some cases it sounds worse.

Jun 2, 2007 at 4:04 PM Post #7 of 11
Wow nice !! IMHO an amp can make a noticeable difference if you pick an amp that COLORS the sound. Which the hornet certainly does.

Jun 2, 2007 at 4:20 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What volume do you have your Meizu set at? I don't notice any appreciable differences when amping mine; it sounds at the most just as good as normal and in some cases it sounds worse.

I follow the suggestion from the other thread about using the dap as the preamp

That is, I adjust the volume with my meizu... and currently I keep the volume on the hornet at 11 o'clock. Sounds good no matter what volume... but on avg it is around 20-25 on the meizu.

Jun 2, 2007 at 5:42 PM Post #10 of 11
Nice job! Yes, I love Velcro also.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back