My homemade tube holder
Nov 13, 2010 at 4:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

aphexii

500+ Head-Fier
Following a suggestion of someone else on here, I began working on a tube holder for my vacuum tubes (both for storage and for travel). One of the holes grabbed a bit as i went deeper, so that one wont be used (top right), but the other 14 holes are perfect. I'm going to use small stickers next to each tube to identify them without having to pull them out. 

Materials are as follows;

1. Ikea KRUS Plastic Container - $5
  2. 3" Soft Foam (from Joann Fabrics) - $7
  3. 3/4" Hole Saw (deep cut) - $10

Nov 14, 2010 at 12:19 AM Post #2 of 9
Cool, I just keep them in the boxes. This might be more convenient if I bought more tubes.

Also, I have the same keyboard as you 
biggrin.gif

Nov 14, 2010 at 1:09 AM Post #3 of 9
Works ok if you only have a few tubes, but when you have a few hundred, well...

Nov 14, 2010 at 3:20 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:
Yah, i thought about keeping them in boxes but most of the ones i've been buying off ebay lately aren't coming with boxes and the older boxes are falling apart :frowning2:

Nice Tube Holder, But aphexii, If you're not using the tube boxes be careful not to rub off the "Info Printing" on each tube....That's real easy to do, as you probably know by now...... JMO....with dealing with my tubes over the years....

Nov 14, 2010 at 4:15 PM Post #9 of 9

The bathroom is the unused half of a Jack & Jill, and the mirror isn't really needed for the "more stuff" illusion. I also have boxes of small tubes that sit loose in cardboard boxes. Then, some won't fit in almost any container, like my Eimacs.

The boards in the pic were an early eXStata hybrid prototype from a few years back.

Here is what that area really looks like... well, shy about 200 tubes acquired since then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back