My Headphones is Dead.
Jun 30, 2004 at 9:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

DonCorleone

100+ Head-Fier
Good Day Good Head Sir.

I've got a very sad announcement to make. My Philips HP890 has gone mad the bass is totally gone and I don't know why
confused.gif
. I haven't done anyting unusual to them. Probably It has something to do with the cable, I pretty often take off the cable from the headphone but I can't see no damage on it nor on the headphone itself. The midrange and the upperrange is normal (I think). Have anyone been in touch with this great sadness and maybe could give me some help ?

Thank You .

Jun 30, 2004 at 10:28 PM Post #2 of 11
No bass on both channels?
It's more likely that your amp or receiver or whatever you use is defective.
Did you try to plug your cans into another jack?
In case that doesn't solve your problem you could make them an offer they can't refuse.
wink.gif

Jun 30, 2004 at 10:41 PM Post #3 of 11
No bass on any channel and I've tried several sources so it got to be the heaphone/cable.

"In case that doesn't solve your problem you could make them an offer they can't refuse. "

What do you mean ? You mean I should throw em out ?
confused.gif
(not very "fast-thinkin")

Jun 30, 2004 at 11:45 PM Post #4 of 11
It's a quote from the movie "Godfather I" .
You should know that, Don Corleone.
Your namesake usually got what he wanted when he asked for respect.
It works with other Dons, enemies or "business partners".
I don't know if it works with cans.
Quote:

you could make them an offer they can't refuse

Jun 30, 2004 at 11:48 PM Post #5 of 11
oh snap!

i did the same thing to 1 channel on my hd202s.

i think it fried the driver somehow...becasue i don't think a busted cable will be the source of the problem, of course i could be totally wrong.

Jul 1, 2004 at 2:08 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by DonCorleone
Good Day Good Head Sir.

I've got a very sad announcement to make. My Philips HP890 has gone mad the bass is totally gone and I don't know why
confused.gif
. I haven't done anyting unusual to them. Probably It has something to do with the cable, I pretty often take off the cable from the headphone but I can't see no damage on it nor on the headphone itself. The midrange and the upperrange is normal (I think). Have anyone been in touch with this great sadness and maybe could give me some help ?

Thank You .

Now you have a reason to get some good headphones.And then you'll become of us,obsessed money wasters.

Jul 1, 2004 at 6:43 PM Post #7 of 11
Of Course cosmopragma I really should've known. My Bad, My bad.
icon10.gif

BTW I saw The Godfather today just to fresh up my memory.
tongue.gif

I just noticed that It only was the right channel that was bad and when I "shake" it I can hear somethings not right.

I guess I'll have to contact neither Philips or the place I bouhgt them and see If I can get new ones
orphsmile.gif

Jul 1, 2004 at 8:37 PM Post #8 of 11
I think you has crumpled diaphragm. You can check up it. And if my assumption right, then you should straighten it with needle...

Jul 2, 2004 at 6:33 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by KPOT
I think you has crumpled diaphragm. You can check up it. And if my assumption right, then you should straighten it with needle...

Wouldn't a needle be the last thing you should use? I would rather use suction.

Jul 2, 2004 at 7:03 AM Post #11 of 11
Suction won't help you, it can crumple and distort diaphragm. If you afraid of diaphragm destruction, then use polymeric string (0.01 inch dia)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back