My headphones and monitors are distorting! Help!
Jan 23, 2010 at 3:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

potcryan

New Head-Fier
I don't know if this is the right forum for this but here it goes...

Last night, I finished mixing down some tracks and was listening back in my media player of choice (Cog). I realized that everything was horribly distorted. I listened to other commerical recordings to compare, and realized everything I play is a bit distorted. Not only in my Blue Sky MediaDesk monitors, but also in my headphones. I'm going through the 003 rack. I initially thought my interface was ****ed in some way so I plugged in my Presonus Firepod and routed everything through there and still the same problems! Can someone please fill me in on what's going on? I find it hard to believe I blew out my speakers and headphones simultaneously. I do however remember a random loud crackling noise coming through my speakers the night prior that went away immediately. I used everything for the rest of the night and the next day and didn't notice until last night. Any suggestions? My 003 is still under warranty luckily if it turns out to be the culprit but my monitors and headphones most definitely are not.

Edit: It turns out plugging the headphones or speakers straight into my MacBook yields no distortion. Could it be possible that the firewire port on my computer is ****ed? Or, the only other thing I can think of is my interfaces aren't getting enough power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back