My headphone Adventure with iRiver IFP
Jan 7, 2005 at 1:28 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Iriver
All of my Iriver have always come with sennheiser buds. Those may be the MX400.

My first iriver came with Cresyn buds. The seconds with MX300. It said so on the buds. The third with buds that look like senns, could be senns but are not MX300 or 400s.
I've A/B-ed MX400s against the the latter iRiver buds. Both brand new and I've written my findings above.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 7, 2005 at 2:47 PM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie87
Are the EX71 pretty good for listening, meaning not harsh on the ears, pretty smooth in sound?

IMO the ex71s are unlistenable. The highs are SO harsh that whenever there is a slight 's' sound there is a loud hiss. It was unbearable, I returned them within 2 days.

If you like warm sound get the Senny mx500's (not 550's) if isolation isnt important.

the px100's are VERY good too

Jan 7, 2005 at 6:47 PM Post #18 of 19
I´ve just bought mx500 and my problems are the isolation (it doesn´t exit) and when I go running they often fall down. About the SQ, very balance and warm. At least I think I´ve done a good purchase

Jan 12, 2005 at 2:50 AM Post #19 of 19
Well just got these Senn MX400, and they well are over hyped (even for their price tag). My stock iRiver buds were much more balanced, and even contained the warmth I have grown to love from iRiver.

The MX400 (even with Ultra Bass, or such Metal EQ settings) has nassssty highs. Every "S" that comes out of the singers mouth, is ridiculously high pitched.

The Bass was horrible also. I know they come with very thin foam pads so I was prepared with the thick RS foamies...Put on 1 pair of those, and still, was pretty weak...I read a thread saying to double up foamies... This seems to lower the pronunciation of the "S" but doesnt dramatically do anything to the low end of bass.

The only positive over the iRiver buds is that they are more detailed, thats it. But it comes at a loss of enjoyment for me.

Do not Buy, even for their dirt cheap price...I hear great things about Koss line up which is a few bucks more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back