My HD595's are quieter on the left ear.
Dec 31, 2006 at 12:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Cid

100+ Head-Fier
I didn't really notice this at first, but as time went on I started to notice that my headphones are louder on the right ear, while on the left it's like half the volume. I currently have a really bad setup, I'm plugging creative speakers into my onboard sound and I'm plugging my HD595's into the creative speakers. Do you think the problem is with my headphones or with my setup? I just got the HD595's like a week ago brand new.

Dec 31, 2006 at 12:44 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Horrible driver matching coupled with hypersensitive ears/mind maybe.

Do you notice the right side being louder when you switch the headphones around?

It's funny you mention that. When I switch them around it sounds like the left is louder. Perhaps I'm going deaf in my left ear?
confused.gif

Dec 31, 2006 at 2:05 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's funny you mention that. When I switch them around it sounds like the left is louder. Perhaps I'm going deaf in my left ear?
confused.gif

Huh? Confusion...
icon10.gif

First, the right side is louder.
When you switch them around (putting the right cup on the left ear or switching the interconnect channels?), the left side is louder.

That rather sounds like the phones are at fault, not your ears, as it is always the same cup that is louder.

My HD25 have a very slight mismatch too. I do not notice it on all recordings, but sometimes voices one expects to be centered are placed a bit to the left.

Dec 31, 2006 at 2:32 PM Post #8 of 10
I noticed this with my first pair of 590's. The right was quieter. For awhile I simply adjusted the balance to compensate for it. I contacted Sennheiser and had them replaced a few weeks later under warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back