My HD25 is here!!!!
Nov 26, 2004 at 9:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

S_Dedalus

1000+ Head-Fier
I just got my Eddie Current HD25 today.
The amp was packaged very well, everything was wrapped in a few layers of bubble wrapped, cushioned with newspaper, boxed up, and then put in a larger box cushioned with newspaper and popcorn.
The tubes included were a Svetlana 6AS7G and an Electro Harmonix 6SN7.
My first impression of the amp is that its very large for a headphone amp. The power supply is seperate and also nice and well constructed.
I hooked it all up and let it warm up. It has a very nice, rather neutral sound. It's more detailed than the HP4 I've been using, and has a lot better bass. The big improvement, though, is in instrument separation and soundstage, the background is black, and everything just seems bigger and more filled out.
Here's a picture for all you needing your visual hooks.

9594HD25.jpg

Nov 26, 2004 at 10:32 PM Post #3 of 6
I went out and bought Hot Fuss a week or so ago, since I liked the singles Q101 plays, but it always sounds congested. Right now I'm listening to it again, and the HD25 gives it a lot more texture, it's now very enjoyable.
Yeah, its connected to the 0404. I see a tuberolling mini meet if somebody with some good 6SN7's and 6AS7's wants to have a listen.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 28, 2004 at 4:18 AM Post #5 of 6
VERY nice choice. I sure do love mine. Your mini review is echoing what I have been trying to convince others of. Good bass, blackness, detail, and a wide soundstage. Just wait till you tube roll, it gets a whole lot better even. The EddieCurrent HD25 is a very high level amp with a mid range priceing. Trully a great bargain. Welcome to Team EddieCurrent. I own serial number one.
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back