My Grado SR-325's are falling apart
Jan 27, 2006 at 9:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

MrDetermination

Head-Fier
The little stick that goes in the plastic... that hole is worn out to where it doesn't stick anymore. So my cans are always falling apart.

Which sucks.

A lot.

Common problem?

Solutions?

I'm thinking maybe rubber glue or something that isn't permanent but will keep them together a little longer.

Jan 27, 2006 at 9:53 PM Post #2 of 8
I've been worried about this happening ever since I got a pair of SR60s. Heh, anybody want to sell me their HP-1 headband for my MS2i? I think that'd look much better anyway... I'd love to replace those plastic bits.

Jan 27, 2006 at 10:01 PM Post #3 of 8
Sorry to hear about your problem!
eek.gif
As you know, the Grados are hand made, and usually don't like any type of hard use. Out of all my cans, I am more careful with Grados!

Jan 27, 2006 at 10:05 PM Post #4 of 8
Solution? Clear Nail Polish! You widen the diameter of the metal rod by adding layers of polish to the area that will be in the black box after it is adjusted for your head - wait until it dries, and only paint the section to be hidden by the black box! And if you want to get rid of it, use Cutex and it will all wipe off, no harm done.

Jan 27, 2006 at 10:24 PM Post #5 of 8
As a last resort, you could send it back to Grado for a service. However, seeing that your problem may be fixable by DIY means, servicing may not be the most economical means.

Jan 28, 2006 at 6:10 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
Solution? Clear Nail Polish! You widen the diameter of the metal rod by adding layers of polish to the area that will be in the black box after it is adjusted for your head - wait until it dries, and only paint the section to be hidden by the black box! And if you want to get rid of it, use Cutex and it will all wipe off, no harm done.

That's clever! Nice idea
smily_headphones1.gif

I was going to suggest electrical tape wrapped around the wire, increasing the diameter that way to prevent it from slipping through the metal. It's easy to take a pencil, put the headphones on, and mark where they rest most comfortably at on the metal rod and then apply the tape at that point with them off.

Jan 28, 2006 at 7:55 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrDetermination
The little stick that goes in the plastic... that hole is worn out to where it doesn't stick anymore. So my cans are always falling apart.

Which sucks.

A lot.

Common problem?

Solutions?

I'm thinking maybe rubber glue or something that isn't permanent but will keep them together a little longer.

If they are the older black 325's you should sell them to me. I'll take the problem off you hands.

Jan 30, 2006 at 1:18 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrDetermination

Which sucks.

A lot.

Common problem?

Solutions?

An idea.

Take some glue.

Put a bit on the end of the rod.

Place in hole.

Let dry.

Listen to headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back