My Grado----Love it!!!
Dec 31, 2001 at 5:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

vikingnaya

New Head-Fier
Without a doubt, Grado 225 is THE headphone I am searching for. It sounds so like real speakers--maybe because of its bass. I bought a pair of HD495 weeks ago, and didn't like the sounds. This grado though, bring out the best of rock and techno from my collection. The high are smooth, I listen to my female vocal cd again and again. They sounds real and sweet. The bass is just so good. When i listen to trance, the bass is fantastic and the synth melody is not overshadowed by bass either. Listen to Alternative with it, it's simply amazing.
smily_headphones1.gif
The only problem I have now is comfort and will probably be solved after my comfy pad arrived. My 225 has becomes my second favorite device to listen to my music. My favorite place is my dad's car--97' Lexus LS 400.
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Dec 31, 2001 at 7:43 AM Post #2 of 11
You're making me drool.
smily_headphones1.gif
Headroom's backordered, but they said that a new shipment should arrive this week, I can't wait to get mine! After looking at all the options I had in the ~$250 and under range, I think that the 225's are going to do what I want. I've had inner-ear problems before and I'm generally frightened of earplugs, if I wasn't, I would've probably have gone with some Etymotics and they still may be a possibility for later, but I listen to a lot of rock and electronic stuff as well as modern movie scores which tend to be on the more dramatic side of things and usually do well with a nice warm sounding unit. I hope I get mine soon. :crossesfingers:

Dec 31, 2001 at 8:25 PM Post #5 of 11
no, i didn't audit them, and will not for a long time. I am too afraid that I will love those can more and spend more money. Since I am very satisfied with my 225, I am just going to stay with it for a long time.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 2, 2002 at 4:33 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by Lincoln's Wax
They came today! But, I was in the shower when the FedEx person came by.
mad.gif

OUCH!

Jan 2, 2002 at 6:07 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by Lincoln's Wax
They came today! But, I was in the shower when the FedEx person came by.
mad.gif
So, hopefully, I'll pick 'em up on the 2nd.

If I were you, I'd go to the depot and pick them up personally. Just because I get impatient and excited.

Jan 2, 2002 at 6:23 AM Post #10 of 11
Note: you can usually leave a note on your doorstep or taped on your door telling the UPS/USPS/Fedex guy to leave the package at the door.

They'll just leave it at the door unless a sig confirmation is required.
rolleyes.gif

Jan 2, 2002 at 7:42 PM Post #11 of 11
Actually, I did just go pick them up.
smily_headphones1.gif

All I can say so far is that they are simply fantastic. They fit my ears perfectly, I never would've imagined them to be so light and comfortable. I'm listening to the Insider score right now and they sound better than I could've hoped for.

And, signature was required, and I live in a bad area so I wouldn't really want these just sitting around outside.

I'll probably gush more about them later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back