My God what have I done
Jan 1, 2006 at 2:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

y0da

100+ Head-Fier
So i was at starbucks yesterday and i went to the bathroom...since i wasn't gonna be long i put my Iirver H120 on top of the toilet and as soon as i did it slid off and plunged into the toilet....it was still on of course because you know i was only gonna be a min....i think from the time it hit the water to the time i powered it off it was only like 5 seconds...so i took it home opened it up and cleaned out the little moisture i saw...the only thing that seems to still be wrong with it is the play button doesn't work but i am hopeing it will be ok

err the play button doesn't function to turn it on but it responds otherwise

anyway i may be in the market for another even if i have to sell stuff to do it

i hope it works out in the end tho i can barely stand to be without it

Jan 1, 2006 at 2:34 PM Post #2 of 36
basshead.gif
I feel your pain. I truly hope it'll turn out ok for you and your iHP. These beasts are hard to beat so maybe some pressurized air will do to dry it out. Also, I wouldn't power it on unless I was sure it is fully dried out- you can mess up the electronics in such a way.

Jan 1, 2006 at 4:29 PM Post #4 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Fella
Apple is calling you away from iriver. I do not miss my h120 at all. And we were very close.

does apple support wavpack hybrid lossy files?

rockbox is what i miss the most that and well my iriver

wink.gif

Jan 1, 2006 at 4:45 PM Post #6 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by y0da
does apple support wavpack hybrid lossy files?

rockbox is what i miss the most that and well my iriver
wink.gif

Supports ALAC, though no alacgain to sort the db out, which is a shame.

Jan 1, 2006 at 4:53 PM Post #7 of 36
Ouch, I know what its like to be without your little portable friend. My Zen Micro had to be sent to Creative to be repaired. I was devastated until the reunion.

Jan 1, 2006 at 6:02 PM Post #8 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaroncort
its god punishing you for going to starbucks.

Not meaning to derail the thread, but that gave me a really nice belly laugh for about 3 minutes. hehehe Absolutely priceless. Thanks!

very_evil_smiley.gif

bb

Jan 1, 2006 at 6:09 PM Post #9 of 36
Perhaps to ease your pain...

My buddy put his H120 on top of his shiny, Asian-type sportscar which we all know tend to be very sloped. Well, due to aforementioned slopiness (is that a word?) it slid down the back and used the curved read edge of the trunk as a ramp. Landed on its head, did some fantastic flips and landed at the end of the driveway...in 2 inches of water.

It's completely intact but will not power up.

Jan 1, 2006 at 8:17 PM Post #11 of 36
That happened to a friend - but as he went to fish it out of the loo - his iPaq PDA fell out of his shirt pocket into the loo too
redface.gif
- that like £600 Down the pan!

Jan 1, 2006 at 8:53 PM Post #12 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Veggie_Musician
That happened to a friend - but as he went to fish it out of the loo - his iPaq PDA fell out of his shirt pocket into the loo too
redface.gif
- that like £600 Down the pan!

[offtopic]Sorry, no offence, but now this one had me laugh
basshead.gif
biggrin.gif
. It's good your friend hadn't drown that day. It always could be worse. Tough luck![/offtopic]

Any progress in reviving your 120 y0da? I guess it needs time to dry out right now. [BTW; I think I know you from misticriver.net, am I right?]

Jan 1, 2006 at 9:33 PM Post #13 of 36
yeah i actually came here because of misticriver origanally

its dry for sure when i opened it up i made sure

i let it sit all night and all day

it seems to work fine now alltho the play button is a bit sensitive when i touch it to power on the player

i have my fingures crossed but i think the fact that it was in its case and that i never plucked something out of the water that fast before may have saved my players life

oh and the reason i was at starbucks it the same reason i am sitting there now...the panera bread next door has free wifi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back