My girlfriend is going to Japan for two weeks. What should I ask for?
Jul 4, 2007 at 10:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 54

TheRobbStory

Banned
My girlfriend will be in Tokyo, Nagoya, and Sapporo for two weeks on business. My birthday is a month away. I feel obligated to exploit her trip for my own personal gain
evil_smiley.gif

What should I ask for?

Jul 4, 2007 at 10:36 PM Post #4 of 54
Cucumber Pepsi! *and one for me too!*

Seriously though, I've always wanted a genuine Katana (Japanese sword). When I was there in 2000 no one would sell one to me because they wanted to keep them in their country. I'm 6'3 and blue eyed with blond hair, so I wasn't fooling anyone! I understand and respect that they would want to keep their treasures on their island and in Japanese hands, but it is unfortunate because I love Japanese culture and would have treasured it.

Cool stuff that I grabbed were manga's and dvd's (be sure you have a region free player) and some cigarettes (brands called "Hope" and "Peace")

Jul 4, 2007 at 10:43 PM Post #7 of 54
Condoms, they have great condom shops there.

Jul 4, 2007 at 10:44 PM Post #8 of 54
Make sure she goes to Mc Donalds and has a burger with a fried egg on it for lunch!

Then she should go get a nice Kobe steak for supper.

Jul 4, 2007 at 10:45 PM Post #9 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cucumber Pepsi! *and one for me too!*

Seriously though, I've always wanted a genuine Katana (Japanese sword). When I was there in 2000 no one would sell one to me because they wanted to keep them in their country. I'm 6'3 and blue eyed with blond hair, so I wasn't fooling anyone! I understand and respect that they would want to keep their treasures on their island and in Japanese hands, but it is unfortunate because I love Japanese culture and would have treasured it.

Cool stuff that I grabbed were manga's and dvd's (be sure you have a region free player) and some cigarettes (brands called "Hope" and "Peace")

Just curious how much a genuine Katana goes for? They must have been very nice if the builders cherished them enough to want to keep them in the country.

Jul 4, 2007 at 10:52 PM Post #10 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just curious how much a genuine Katana goes for? They must have been very nice if the builders cherished them enough to want to keep them in the country.

Depending on when it was made, and by who, anywhere from a few hundred to a few million.

Sadly, I fall into the former price bracket. The one I wanted and missed was $700.

*edit* A lot of what you find were mass produced WW2 era katana's for Japanese soldiers, similar to a Marine's sword. Not the same at all, but readily available on eBay. I wanted something handmade with care.

Jul 4, 2007 at 11:33 PM Post #11 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Make sure she goes to Mc Donalds and has a burger with a fried egg on it for lunch!

She could go to Fatburger and get that.......

Jul 4, 2007 at 11:36 PM Post #12 of 54
An R-10 and if you do not like it sell it to me later on...

Jul 4, 2007 at 11:39 PM Post #13 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Guidry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
She could go to Fatburger and get that.......

What is "Fatburger"? Like from the Notorious BIG song..."If I wanna squirt her, I'll take her to Fatburger".

Here in Ottawa we have only two real dedicated burger joints outside of the regular fast food chains...Lick's and The Works. I had never seen a burger with egg on it until I was in Tokyo.

I know, we Canadians live sheltered lives!

*edit* Damn! The Kingburger has 820 calories!

*edit 2* Double damn! The Chocolate shake has 880 calories!

Jul 4, 2007 at 11:42 PM Post #14 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenratiophi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stax
evil_smiley.gif

^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back