My Gilmore V2 is finished.. (dialup warning.. PICs)
May 24, 2004 at 3:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

steel

Head-Fier
600smile.gif

g_01.jpg

g_02.jpg

g_03.jpg

g_04.jpg

g_06.jpg

g_07.jpg

g_08.jpg

g_09.jpg

g_10.jpg

g_11.jpg

May 24, 2004 at 5:00 AM Post #4 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paragon
Looks nice!

Which heatsinks are those and where you get them and those Nichicon Electrolytics?

I'm also interested in the heatsinks. I think you can get those electrolytics from percy audio. They should be in supply caps section under nichicon.

JV.

May 24, 2004 at 6:27 AM Post #5 of 27
How is ordering through Percy? Just send him an email with my list? Is he pretty fast?

Thanks. First it was welborne, then handmade, now I will probably be switching to Percy
rolleyes.gif

May 24, 2004 at 7:14 AM Post #7 of 27
Well, I'm really in no hurry. As long as it doesn't take weeks. I have been planning for around a month now, will for another week or so then hopefully order.

<>BTW, Are those Roedersteins in the signal path? I was thinking of doing that too.

May 24, 2004 at 2:56 PM Post #10 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by andrzejpw
Do those Nichi golds have leads just like regular caps, or are they snap in?

Look in the percy catalog. You could reference it back to the nichicon website if it doesn't have it on percy.

Steel: Did you use Roderestien(spelling?) Resista resistors?

May 24, 2004 at 3:26 PM Post #11 of 27
Was reading through the asylum and a few people said that the TS-HA Panasonics [which is what I had picked out] seem to work pretty well for powersupplies. The Nichicon audio series has a tendency to need breakin like BlackGates so I don't know what to go for. The price is about the same for either of them but there is a larger selection of voltages for the TS-HA from digikey. Almost getting tired of trying to find everything for the Gilmore amp. I just want to build the damn thing! I think the only thing that is straight from the list on headamp.com/parts are the resistors [which there is a possibility I may use some Roedersteins for the signal output path] The other resistors in the picture are Vishay/Dale RN60, I believe.

May 24, 2004 at 3:37 PM Post #13 of 27
Steel, beautiful looking amp and great pics, well done!! Would you like me to post these pics in the gallery?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back