my friends new headphones
Feb 28, 2010 at 6:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

itzjon

New Head-Fier
hey everyone, I told my friend about this community and how I decided to get the Shure840s and he said he likes the headphones he just got and to ask you guys if he thinks there good. they are "Aerial7 TANK" so yeah if anyone can tell me if these are actually any good so i can relay the message.

Feb 28, 2010 at 6:18 PM Post #2 of 16
I'm guessing they're aimed at the Skullcandy/WESC market...

Daddy%27s+Girls+Episode+4_6.jpg

Feb 28, 2010 at 6:34 PM Post #4 of 16
Quote:

Kick it with the runway style and DJ sound of the TANK headphones. Designed for sonic domination, the TANK allows you to explore the full spectrum of sound from low, rumbling bass grooves and consistent mids to crisp highs. Ultra-thick cushions cocoon your ears, while the wide adjustable headband guarantees a perfect fit.

I'm going to go with 'bad' on this one.

Feb 28, 2010 at 6:39 PM Post #5 of 16
Feb 28, 2010 at 7:20 PM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OH GOD! They have a $400 pair...
Royale Absolute

I'm betting my 1980s AKG K240 Sextetts sound better. Cost me $50 for a beat up pair.

Feb 28, 2010 at 7:21 PM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Royale Absolute

damnnn lol. I wonder how they compare to other $400 cans.

Feb 28, 2010 at 7:57 PM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeromacro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
damnnn lol. I wonder how they compare to other $400 cans.

They're the new benchmark in bang/buck, beating out the beats studio by a hair.

Feb 28, 2010 at 8:29 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They're the new benchmark in buck/bang, beating out the beats studio by a hair.

fyp
popcorn.gif

Unless bang is taken literally, of course, in which case they probably do deliver quite a lot.

Feb 28, 2010 at 8:37 PM Post #12 of 16
Who ever is making fun of these headphones but has never tried them is an idiot.

Feb 28, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #13 of 16
I actually find the designs to be highly derivative. The Tank looks quite a bit similar to the ATH-PRO500/700, while the Chopper 2 is almost a clone of the RP-HTX7. The Sumo is virtually identical to the MetroFi 150v.

Quote:

Royale Absolute

I prefer the Royale Bourbon with its faux snakeskin headband.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They're the new benchmark in bang/buck, beating out the beats studio by a hair.

Absolutely brilliant. However, I should let you know that Aerial 7 makes headphones with your name on it.

Although it's somewhat doubtful, if these actually do sound good I'll be happy to eat my hat, and I'll consider the purchase of that beanie headphone to replace it. I'm glad I don't own any hats.

Feb 28, 2010 at 8:58 PM Post #14 of 16
Earpollution also makes an RP-HTX7 lookalike, the Throwbax . Must be an easily-sourced housing.

And boy, those Jokers are repulsive (and the girl modeling them doesn't look old enough to appear on the internet in her underwear). I would totally pick up a pair if they looked at least marginally wearable, but that is beyond my limits. And I wore my Earpollution Nerve Pipes outside without issue until they fell apart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back